Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have tried to adjust the space at the bottom of the glove box several times with no luck. I've noticed that on my other car the glove box aligns with no problems and since I bought the hinge on line I started thinking maybe my problem stems from trying to use the wrong part. The question I'll throw out, is there a difference between the hinge used between the 5,6 and or 7. I guess I'll swap the hinges to see if the alignment issue moves with the hinge.

·
Premium Member
16,156 Posts
I have tried to adjust the space at the bottom of the glove box several times with no luck. I've noticed that on my other car the glove box aligns with no problems and since I bought the hinge on line I started thinking maybe my problem stems from trying to use the wrong part. The question I'll throw out, is there a difference between the hinge used between the 5,6 and or 7. I guess I'll swap the hinges to see if the alignment issue moves with the hinge.
I'm 99% sure they are different, I can confirm this later when I come in from the shop. I have both and will compare them.

-Bruce

·
Premium Member
16,156 Posts
I compared my 55/56 hinges to a 57 hinge. The 55/56 glove box hinges are much different than the 57. Different to the point I don't think they would even match up to the mounting holes on the door. If you need another 55/56 hinge PM me and let me know.

-Bruce

1 - 3 of 3 Posts