Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

GM 6.0 LQ4 LQ9 Service Manual

9K views 21 replies 7 participants last post by  BO185 
#1 ·
This download from Vettemod.com is a complete engine service manual. Membership to their site is required, but there is some reall neat stuff other than this manual for those that just like stuff.

www.pleasurecraft.com/manuals/L510016.pdf

Enjoy!

#7 ·
They are iron block truck motors. The LQ4 is the lower compression ratio (9.4:1) motor used in the 2500HD up till 2007. The LQ9 is the high output higher compression (10.4:1) 6.0L used in the caddy escalades and SS trucks. The only difference between the two is the pistons. The LQ4 has dished and the LQ9 has flattops. Also the LQ9 has the better LS2 rods. Also GM did have an all Iron version of the LQ4 with iron heads in 99 till 2000. Then it went with aluminum heads as well.

These are the poor mans LS2's!:)

#9 ·
Texas VHO's?

What are Texas VHO's? I have a 2004 Silverado 2-wheel drive with the factory Performance package that I picked up new in Texas. I wanted a 2-wheel drive with the same driveline as an SS. I couldn't find any of these trucks anywhere except the southwest. It has the 6.0. & most of the options that come on the Silverado SS except the all-wheel drive & the grille, painted bumpers, etc. How do I find out if it is an LQ4 or an LQ9?

#11 ·
VHo's are common in Texas. I guess they needed a truck with a little umph. VHO's were 1/2 tons with a LQ9. They also used a 1/2 ton rear end. V-Max's have a 3/4 ton style rear end and are on 4x4 frames. V-Max's are set up as a heavy-duty tow option in a 1/2 ton chassis. I own a 06 V-Max as a daily driver, and wouldn't think twice about droping anything on the back of it to tow.

#12 ·
It's an LQ9

Thanks for the info guys! Torsion bars in front, 1/2 ton rear end & (drum roll), LQ9 marking in the glove box. That just makes my day! And explains why it runs as hard as it does. Now if I just had another one to stick into the five-seven. :happy0030:

#13 ·
Thanks for the info guys! Torsion bars in front, 1/2 ton rear end & (drum roll), LQ9 marking in the glove box. That just makes my day! And explains why it runs as hard as it does. Now if I just had another one to stick into the five-seven. :happy0030:
get a tune and run 93 gas and you'll see/feel a BIG difference.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.