Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
RIP: 10-27-2018
3,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a used aftermarket underdash (Mark 4) air conditioner that came out of a 56 chevy. (Never saw it installed)

The compressor is a GM A6 but instead of having the aluminum block with both the high and low side hoses in one piece, with a bolt in the center,
It looks like it was designed to use a metal bracket with a bolt in the center to hold the two seperate hoses against the o rings on the back of the compressor. This bracket and bolt is missing.

Does anyone know what it is called or what it looks like? Maybe what years used this kind of setup?

Much appreciated in advance

·
RIP: 10-27-2018
3,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don, Yep I looked at that site, its like that first fitting (91-0005) except the center is cut away. leaving the two hoses seperate.

The compressor fittings are crimped into the hoses. I would think a 1x 3 piece of 1/4 inch steel with a 3/8 hole in the center would do the job, I was just wondering if I could buy the right piece for it.

·
Registered
38,739 Posts
At one time there was a place called "Doc's Blocks" that specialized in these kind of pieces. But I've heard they are out of business. Not sure, even if they are, a google search might turn up some similar source.

Vintage Air has some pieces you might want to look at. And don't overlook a trip to the auto supply. Another thing you can consider is to get a hose block from a salvage yard, and crimp new hoses on it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.