Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you guys using the gm pully setup with a small block . Summit has it for around $800 for the kit . I cant seem to spend $1300 plus for bullit specialty v belt set up. has anyone polish or Crome the pullys or paint the gm setup and if you have any pictures how it looks thanks for the help

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Any of you guys using the gm pully setup with a small block . Summit has it for around $800 for the kit . I cant seem to spend $1300 plus for bullit specialty v belt set up. has anyone polish or Crome the pullys or paint the gm setup and if you have any pictures how it looks thanks for the help
What do you ultimately want, a chromed V belt set-up? There are cheaper alternatives than what you mentioned.

·
Registered
555 Posts
You might check with Alan Grove Components , not very pretty but use stock pulleys , you don't have to buy all the accessories either. Not cheap but less than the billet stuff.

·
Premium Member
14,045 Posts
the gmpp kit is the best bang for the buck you get a a/c comp, alternator, and powersteering pump with it as well as all the other stuff.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Think I bought my GMP serpentine system with everything for Jegs.
Chevrolet Performance 12497697
Serpentine Accessory Drive System without A/C
Small Block Chevy
Small Block Serpentine Drive Kits
Item# 809-12497697
Only $621.99

Check your local craigslist. There was a guy here selling a stock gm setup for $150 a couple months ago. The junk yards are full of them, truck, Blazer, Tahoe, Surburban.

·
Registered
13,421 Posts
I've got the GMPP setup too. I think you can get a better price as has been mentioned.

It's a nice setup. The instructions have a couple of mistakes. Not hard to figure out though.

·
Registered
13,421 Posts
Oh and btw,
You can't use the GMPP setup with stock front engine mounts. The GMPP brackets need the holes that the front engine mount brackets bolt into.

·
Registered
237 Posts
wonder how the swedish painted chrome would work on the gm stuff.
guy did our fiberglass bumpers for 300$ each and it looks better than some chrome repos

1 - 10 of 10 Posts