Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
:character0029::character0029::character0029::character0029::character0029:

can't 'splane' that. anyway, Olds gone, Pontiac gone, what's next, Rambler?

·
Registered
37,967 Posts
Been lifeless ever since the announcement.

Silver bullet, stake through the heart, etc. today, in honor of Halloween.

I got a letter a few weeks ago, the little country town dealer that sold me my 09 GMC was no longer a GMC dealer. Also no longer a Pontiac dealer, Chevy dealer, etc.

Two others within a shorter drive are no longer either.

Sign of the times.

·
Registered
7,275 Posts
Never really liked Pontiacs but they were a US brand, so I will miss them. Proud to say I have never driven import junk.

·
Registered
9,469 Posts
Proud to say I have never driven import junk.
SAME HERE....And that is why we are seeing this happen....What's worse is seeing people drive around in hondas and toyotas with American flags in their windows.......Please don't get me started with the "they're being built in America crap" I was raised better than that........:bowtier:

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
SAME HERE....And that is why we are seeing this happen....What's worse is seeing people drive around in hondas and toyotas with American flags in their windows.......Please don't get me started with the "they're being built in America crap" I was raised better than that........:bowtier:
Well said my friend.100 % in agreement. Last time I said that I only buy American on here,I got jumped on. Thanks for saying it guys . I'm proud to be American and I show it by buying American !-Keith

·
Registered
14,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well said my friend.100 % in agreement. Last time I said that I only buy American on here,I got jumped on. Thanks for saying it guys . I'm proud to be American and I show it by buying American !-Keith
What is built in America anyway? My 1987 IROC Camaro had been built in Canada, 23 years ago.

·
Registered
626 Posts
AMEN....

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
I have only owned one Pontiac a 1987, 6000... Made a good salesmans car as that was it's purpose... I bought a used Datsun for my two sons to beat around in back and forth to school but other than that I prefer to buy cars with American sounding names:fahne19: Later, Dave

·
Registered
283 Posts
who said foreign cars last along time...????? :confused0006:
my car list includes:
55 chevy
65 chevy pickup
93 suburban 265k miles
95 s10 blazer 140k miles
03 trailblazer
07 chevy pickup
always been and always will be a chevy man! :blowtiedb:
but sad to see pontiac go. :sad0049:

·
Registered
782 Posts
In the 60s in Australia Pontiacs were sourced from Canada and assembled here by General Motors Holdens. They were basically Chevy based, but quite popular here. We had models such as Laurentians and Parisiennes as well as GTOs.
Then this decade our Monaros were rebadged in the US as GTOs. So it's sad to see Pontiac go as we had quite a connection!

Geoff

·
Registered
7,275 Posts
The way I see it is how can you send hours restoring 1 thing and drive another. I have owned 1 Mustang other than that it been all GM. Primarily Chevy & Olds.

·
Registered
903 Posts
AH PETE WE THINK A LOT A LIKE IT FLAT TICKS ME OFF I LOOK AROUND WHEN IM DRIVEN AND ALL I SEE IS THIS IMPORT JUNK JUST PUT ME IN A FOWEL MOOD WE ARE JUST SELLING OUR SELFS OUT, I WILL NOT EVEN LET ONE PARK IN MY DRIVEWAY I TELL THEM TO PARK THERE S--T BOX AROUND THE COURNER SO I CANT SEE IT

1 - 20 of 49 Posts