Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being sort of new to the site I usually reply to the Nomad or Gasser threads....well i ventured around and saw this sub forum....had i seen it earlier i would have certainly responded with prayers to all. Well although not a member I want to share my sorrow........my older "big brother' and my only brother was called home. RIP Ron, a great loving kind man........he lived to be 64.....recently retired but took ill and dreamed of me retiring so we could build cars.....well things do not always work the way you expect........Ron was a Viet Nam veteran and my hero as a kid .......a fond memory for me was when Ron was 16 he had a 56 Chevy two door hardtop, grey primer, 327, three speed with a Foxcraft shifter, 62 Impala seats, steel wheels and 63 Impala SS hubcaps........back then it was a cool ride for a teen.....we were not wealthy and those fix ups were appropriate. Well Mom would send us off to Church with 2 dollars for the collection plate.....after we got in the ole 56 my brother would ask for the money for gas.....we would ride around in the 56 and he would let me shift gears....too cool for me at 11.........after an hour he would roll up to the Church and make me go in for the Church Paper........imagine that.....of all things that simple lil story of me and him........I sure will miss him.....God Bless Ron.....love you brother. Greg.

·
Registered
3,641 Posts
So sorry for your loss.

Sounds like he was a great brother and you had some really great times together.

·
KINGS X 56 = R.I.P. August 31, 2014Senior Member 2
2,885 Posts
Prayers for you & your brother. It's hard to lose your best friend far to soon. I bet his best memory was knowing you loved him.

KINGS X 56

·
Registered
67,713 Posts
sorry for your loss. thanks for sharing about ron, prayers coming. :p3:

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Sorry for the loss of your brother. May he rest in peace.

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Hey Greg:
Very sorry to hear about your brother, but it certainly sounds like you have many fond memories to cherish....Hang on to those memories.....Many :p3::p3::p3: coming your way...for you and your family. Peace bro.

Eugene

·
Registered
5,586 Posts
Greg, was sad to hear of your brother Ron's passing. You had so any great times together and I know you will cherish those fond memories always.

Our family will keep you and yours in our thoughts and in our prayers.

G-d bless,

Harry and Family

1 - 20 of 24 Posts