Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im going to install a set of 2001 eldorado front and back seats ive seen these in other cars and wondering if anyone else has done this and or if they had any problems. thanks

·
Senior Member 4 Gold Stars
4,460 Posts
I haven't done a set first hand, but the rear seat will be too narrow. The one I saw done had armrests fabricated similar to hardtop armrests. Then a filler panel added to each side for the back rest.
The front seat should just require brackets that fit the floor and provide for the seat to bolt on.

·
Administrator
49,647 Posts
The side filler panels Mike is referring to will look something like the ones used in the 70,71 72 chevelle back seats. They are made from metal, might work or could have something bent at a sheetmetal shop pretty easy.
Terry

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks ive seen the arm rest where they would have to be frabricated to make it look right , what i was wondering about was attaching the seat and back to the framing i havent seen any pictures of what was used to hold the seats bottom and back down , was looking for some ideas

·
Administrator
49,647 Posts
The pics i have seen showed them building a stand or a platform for the bottom. Don`t have any pics to show you. The back shouldn`t be very hard to attach, It should catch on the hooks like the original and if they are too wide apart you can reattach some closer together.
Terry

1 - 5 of 5 Posts