Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes It's going to be different....gold engine with my tunnel ram and fenderwell headers, gloss black firewall & cut fenderwells....red cap and wires , battery mounted in trunk & Cal custom finned valve covers.....hope it looks good when I'm done.....:scared0005:

Attachments

·
Registered
122 Posts
Yes It's going to be different....gold engine with my tunnel ram and fenderwell headers, gloss black firewall & cut fenderwells....red cap and wires , battery mounted in trunk & Cal custom finned valve covers.....hope it looks good when I'm done.....:scared0005:
Hi.looks very interesting.Looking forward to see the final result.Cheers George

·
Premium Member
5,338 Posts
MAN, you must be rich to have a gold engine!!! :biggrin: Looks good

·
Trifive on Facebook Admin Trifive Leaders Club
6,152 Posts
Should look pretty cool Pete !
keep them pic's coming :)

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Pete..Thats the same color combo I have planned for mine!! You been lookin in my Garage..LOL I think it will go great with the Coper and white paint on the Body! Have not decided if I am ging to have my headers HPC coated (JET Hot) or paint them white. Wish they did a white HPC or JetHot color!

·
Registered
4,784 Posts
Is that the Olds engine gold?
'swhat I did mine with.

And a couple ideas for the valve covers.

This engine wiped the cam and the guy I had re-do it painted it himself this time.
So, I ended up with this.

I decided to leave the V/Cs like they were. It's growin' on me. Once all the stuff is on, you don't see the red so much anyway.

I used to paint all my model car engines either gold or yellow.
I don't know...just to be different. Makes 'em show up better in small scale.

·
Registered
9,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
:bowtieb:......Thanks for all the replies you guys...would have been real safe to do it orange but I was thinking nostalgic and also fun....kinda like the amt model kits I use to build when I was a kid....dreaming about my first car ....Man I love these trifive 's..:adore:

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Pete I like it. Different is good, heck it's a gasser anything goes.

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Interesting combination, can't wait to see the picts of the finished product.

·
Registered
722 Posts
it was THE look in the 80s. gold anadized everything and braided hoses. ask me how i know. i have this in my 69 camaro. everyone makes fun of it when they see it. i think it will/does look great! moroso still makes the valve covers and aircleaner i think.

·
Registered
4,784 Posts
Yeah, I like that gold better. What I had was a green gold.
I got a lot of ribbing for that being the anti-green guy I am. :redface:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts