Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Good afternoon, can somebody tell a good weld plug drill bit set to get? I'm going to tackle this tail light section soon. I've never attempted anything like this but I'd like to do the work on my car myself. $80.00 to $100.00's an hour is just out of my bank account range. I'm replacing 10" trunk section, brace support, splash pan. All needing work, parts on hand.Wish me luck. I'm a little OCD with my car.

Attachments

·
Administrator
48,532 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, I'll search around for some bits. I don't like the ones that drill holes threw the metal.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I did all the body work myself. Drilled out spots with Harbor frt tool. Inexpensive used about 5 or 6. I believe they are about $5 each. The teads here will help a lot. Plus the advice of members.

·
Registered
650 Posts
I have used a Blair for many years and its always done a good job, never have to sharpen it. If you decide to get the blair, make sure its the premium and not the original. My 5/16" just has a guide pin, not sure if that's true of all their 5/16, and the 3/8" has a guide drill bit. The kit has three cutters all the same size.
https://www.amazon.com/Blair-11096-Cutter-Set/dp/B002XML5HK
Sharp bits in this kit.Found one on ebay from a guy that used it once and listed it at a very reduced price.:tu

1 - 8 of 8 Posts