Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Wife and I work at making the Good-Guys here in Des Moines a "need to go to thing" each year. We go knowing that getting an award with our car is more than likely "not" going to happen but plan on haveing a good time and enjoy making new friends, we have been lucky and for three years in a row made the Gazzett with our car pictured.
But this year we got real lucky and got two awards.....with our little peddle car I converted to make look like our 57.
We got "peoples Choice and Best Modified" very suprised and happy to get the awards. and of course this was added to the good time we had. Already looking forward to next year! :bowtieb:

·
Registered
8,875 Posts
:congrats::congrats::tu:tu

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
Congratulations on your awards... You have two very nice cars... Later, Dave

7,082 Posts
WTG. Sounds like a perfect day. :congrats: :tu :bowtier:

·
Registered
67,715 Posts
congrats, always a plus to get one. :tu

·
Premium Member
50,811 Posts
My Wife and I work at making the Good-Guys here in Des Moines a "need to go to thing" each year. We go knowing that getting an award with our car is more than likely "not" going to happen but plan on haveing a good time and enjoy making new friends, we have been lucky and for three years in a row made the Gazzett with our car pictured.
But this year we got real lucky and got two awards.....with our little peddle car I converted to make look like our 57.
We got "peoples Choice and Best Modified" very suprised and happy to get the awards. and of course this was added to the good time we had. Already looking forward to next year! :bowtieb:

I like your pedal car too.....:congrats:
:gba:
bowtie-trifive

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Hey, Buckshot, good for you! I want to thank you for the work you do for the Goodguys show. I've never been to that one, but I see all the work that the "Over the Hill Gang" from Phoenix puts in to make the Scottsdale show so nice, and most people don't even notice. Car shows are a lot of work. I helped put together one with the Tucson police, and the planning takes about a year. I don't go to shows for awards either, but got surprised at Goodguys once myself, with "my driver". That's just frosting on the cake, the real fun is the show itself (and the drive to and from).

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
I have been to this show twice ( 2010 &2011) always had a great time, a lot of very nice cars and so I would think winning an award at this show is quite the honor. Thanks for your hard work at the show!

Joebowtie-trifive

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
congrats. just got back from Columbus GGy's. Smooth running show put on by the local gang here too.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts