Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
Accel 59107 Chevy Billet HEI Performance Distributor - No Coil - Damaged Package

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
Guess it depends on what the coil costs for it? Or if you already have a good coil to fit it? I've got a nice Accel HEI coil sitting here that I planned to use in my GM HEI distributor, but turned out I was just lacking space by maybe 1/2" clearance. So I went with an Accel electronic conversion in a stock Chevy points distributor, and a Mallory high output external coil.

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
Or while you're waiting for a response to your "make offer", somebody else could buy it! Sometimes it's best to pull the trigger when the price is good!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Or while you're waiting for a response to your "make offer", somebody else could buy it! Sometimes it's best to pull the trigger when the price is good!
Very true. I've had that happen to me before and all part of the gamble. However, in this case the seller has more than 10 available and it shouldn't happen.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I offered $28.00 and it was automatically accepted within a few seconds.
I'm considering this. The timing on my Chevelle dances when I put the light to the balancer. The HEI and the gear drive are suspect at this time. Distributor gear is not excessively worn. The bushing may be, though. My unit being over a couple decades old and having been used and abused at the drag strip every weekend for most of those years. Have you installed the unit yet? Does it function as it should?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Have you installed the unit yet? Does it function as it should?
I haven't actually driven the car yet, still doing other repairs but I have started the engine and have no problems with it.
It is a brand new item that looks like it was only rejected by QC because of the cardboard packaging being damaged.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Thanks for your response, Greg. Sent them an offer for $25 and it was accepted. I'm guessing the units are okay since the seller is Holley Performance Products out of Bowling Green, KY. It's a pretty cheap part for assessing the issue in my Chevelle's engine and a lot less work than changing out the timing set. If the HEI doesn't resolve my timing issue, I will dive into changing the timing set.

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
I'd buy one in a second if I had the clearance to my firewall on any of my hotrods. Tempted to buy one regardless, just because the price is so cheap!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts