Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Painted my frame last weekend, using Rust Seal. Sprayed nice, turned out real nice, but (of course) managed to get a few runs. Someone mentioned getting a "run file", which basically is a blade with a built-in guide that you run across the high spot to take it down before sanding. I stopped at 4 different auto stores (3 of which sell automotive paint) but only one had access to them, but was out of stock. Anyone know the correct name for this item, and where I could get one?

Thanks

·
Registered
59 Posts
You can also use a razor blade, put a little strip of masking tape on both the left and right side of the blade leaving the middle exposed and lightly shave out your run.

Another method, and the one I use the most, is to spread a light coat of body putty over the run (very light) and water sand (use 1000 or 1500 grit paper) until the putty is gone. This will remove the run and reduce the likelyhood of sanding all the way through the paint. Depending on how bad the run is, sometimes you need to repeat. A little time consuming, but I have found a run can be removed completely doing it this way.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.