Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 1st 57 I bought back in 77. It was a two door hardtop being used for a parts car for a show car. I bought it for 100.00! I drove it home with a milk can turned upside down. I parked it in my parents garage and gradually accumulated parts for it. I even traded my parents 73 Gremlin in to the local junkyard for parts. I stored all the parts in the garage planning on putting it all together someday. Well, life goes on, you get married have kids, the 80's were rough, and I had to sell her. I sold her to some guys from Illinois that promised to restore her. Well, the kids are grown and having kids of their own. After asking for a 57 every Fathers Day and Xmas, my wife finally gave in and let me buy one off of ebay. After driving 3 hours with check in hand to haul it back home, the car turned out to be more putty than metal , and I had to turn it away. Dissappointed I arrived home without a car. My wife jumped on E-bay and found a better one for only a little more in price. I was happy to drive from Arkansas to Ohio, 36 hours round trip, 27 hours of driving to get this girl home. I nice two door bel air hardtop, 283 v8 with turbo glide. I now have it home and am enjoying the days off I have to tinker with it. It needs little work, which matches my free time to give to her, but I am enjoying it everyday I drive and look at her.

·
Administrator
49,350 Posts
Great story Dennis. Its hard to admit that the family,kids and just making a living have to come before the old car bug isn`t it? I totally understand the situation. Thats why my 57 is just now getting back in the direction of being put back together.
Terry

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
I haven't been doing much on mine lately because of this heat. I did go to the Super Chevy Show this past weekend and it was very hot. Visited with some friends in New Hampshire Sunday. Temps have been running 85 to 100 all this week. My work clothes are soaked about 10 minutes after I start in the morning. The honey-do list takes priority. I still have 3 cellar windows to inatall and two new front doors also. Have a great day everyone.
Dave

·
Trifive Facebook Admin
10,566 Posts
Isn't it a great feeling. I did almost the same darn thing this year. After 30 years without my 57 and wanting one 28 years of that (had a cool Nova for 2 of the years) I got one last winter. Hey mine was off eBay too! Good luch Dennis and have some fun hauling the grandkids around, scaring their mom.:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts