Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got around to making my exhaust system. I had some 3'' and 4'' stainless steel tube laying around. I made the mufflers out of 4'' tube, took some 4'' wide by 1/16'' stainless steel flat stock. Twisted it into a spiral and slid it into the 4'' tube and welded it into place. Wasn't sure how it would work but it sounds good. One thing for sure it will last forever. Ron

Attachments

·
Registered
6,486 Posts
Looks great do you have a sound clip? I would like to see the inards too.
Jim

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks! My camera doesn't have a sound chip but will borrow one and post the sweet sounds later this week. Don't have any pictures of making the muffler. The muffler is 4'' inside 18'' long. The baffle is 22'' long 4'' wide 1/16'' thick. I twisted the baffle like a corkscrew slid it inside the 4'' tube and welded it on each end to the inside of the tube. The exhaust enters the muffler splits in two half's spins about two revaluations and exits. Hope that helps (should have took some pictures) Ron

·
Registered
300 Posts
Thanks! My camera doesn't have a sound chip but will borrow one and post the sweet sounds later this week. Don't have any pictures of making the muffler. The muffler is 4'' inside 18'' long. The baffle is 22'' long 4'' wide 1/16'' thick. I twisted the baffle like a corkscrew slid it inside the 4'' tube and welded it on each end to the inside of the tube. The exhaust enters the muffler splits in two half's spins about two revaluations and exits. Hope that helps (should have took some pictures) Ron
Thanks, I can picture what you are saying now. I bet that sounds mean.:party0031:

·
Registered
535 Posts
just a couple questions i have a small block in my car also i wanna get fenderwell headers what is the part number of your and did you have to mod them to make em fit...and is your motor moved fowward or in stock location ...

·
Registered
48 Posts
That looks tits! Exactly what I had in mind for mine. I would love to hear it too!:congrats:
Cam

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Very very clean look, sorry but I have to steal the design for my 56. Seriously, nice job!!!
Me too! I was thinking of adding cutouts also, but that style is exactly what I want to do. Now I have pictures to show the exhaust guy...:happy0030:

I don't think that I can afford stainless, maybe aluminized?

Beautiful job!

Later,

Mike

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Well I borrowed a camera from my dad and the memory card didn't allow me much time to make the video. I wanted to make two one with header capped and uncapped. Maybe next time. Ha jlow engine is 1'' forward don't remember part no. on headers but go to summit web site and check out hooker headers.Ron. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bF8wIp1pF_w http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvcEcLIVQBA Well I just found out my camera has a sound card. But the only way to play it back is after you down lode it on the computer. Oh well live a learn. Ron http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfsXoIYI--E

·
Registered
535 Posts
sweet ride man ..hey if bye any chance you find the invoice for them headers please let me know the number of the fenderwells ..i orderd 3 pairs from summit and none fit ...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts