Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm gonna buy a speedway axle kit....first..i want the hub width close to stock...so I guess the 50" axle they sell must b the one...then should I get the vega box with a dropped pitman...i'm ok with using my stock box and heating or changing my stock pitman...i just want to have no major bumpsteer issues in the end....whats best setup from some of you guys who have gone down gasser alley already. Thanks for all the help on here!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your help...that yellow ride looks sharp. I always wanted a 55... So I just went on craigslist and bought a decent roller....now its time to ake all thoaw dreams a reality...thanks again!!

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
Since the addition of spindles and hubs adds 8", you'll end up at 58" on the Speedway axle when it's assembled. If you're going to run stock width tires and wheels that might be fine, but if you're going to run skinnies up front, I'd go a couple inches wider.
You can use the stock box, but if you want it to have a level drag link and avoid bump steer, then you should plan on also buying a steering arm bracket to add to the top two bolts on the opposite side spindle. Speedway sells them separately, and steering off the top of the spindle will level the drag link, and keep things straight when you hit a bump. They only sell them in pairs, so you'll have to get two, and sell one to a friend, or stash it.
Which arms you need depend on what spindles you're ordering, as the bolt spacing is different, but this is the style you'll probably need.
http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Chevy-Flat-Plate-Steering-Arms-Plain,3300.html

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks a bunch! i talked to speedway and they didn't mention those arms. i'm doing all my homework and gettin it all together so when i do it...its gonna go down real nice. (like the frontal labotomy on one flew over the cuckoo's nest....lol)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts