Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been meaning to do this for a while. Last Saturday my cousin brought my Grandpa's 57 to our little local show.
Papa bought this car new in Tompkinsville, Ky. He went up to the Chevy dealer and told him he wanted the cheapest car he had. This was it, $1950. Papa took 20 $100 bills out of the bib pocket of his overalls thanked him and out the door. My younger brother who was about 11 drove him everywhere in this car. My cousin bought it from him in 68 for $500 and drove it while he was in college. I didn't need the car then, I had a much better car (55 Bel Air HT w/265 PP heads 4b Carter floorshift etc. My cousin has had the car since then. He did a restore on it 2 years ago back to original.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Sweet Car! It would be nice to have one from a family member like that. Trifive's are special and even more so when it has been in the family. $$ could buy mine, but I would never sell one like that.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Very Nice Ride. :tu I love it when a car stays in the family. :happy0030: :party0031:

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
Neat story... Nice looking 57 too:tu Later, Dave

·
Registered
66,287 Posts
great story. good to hear about cars that have been in the family since day one. :party0031:

·
Registered
4,784 Posts
Nice job. :tu:congrats:
There was a little old lady in my neighborhood when I was a kid.
Miss MontyBelle (Johnson) bought one like that, same color and all.
She drove it until she couldn't drive anymore and then passed away.
I don't know what happened to that car.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts