Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1956 Belair 4dr. sedan 265 poweglide
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thanks all of you for the kind welcome, my first 'Tri-five', cant wait to get er' out of the shop, my mech.
says a few more weeks, shes getting all new front end and power brakes installed, just out after being in storage for 10yrs,With my trashed spine from38 years of being a maintenance mech. i'm able to do mostly cosmetic details and tuneups,and wiring repairs.
I fell in love with these
cars in the mid 60's my Dad, an Air Force navigator, was stationed near Fairfield,Ca. and I hung out at the local carwash, lots of rodders,
and i bummed rides in some cool cars. I was 10 and started reading Hot Rod mags, a boy who was 14 invited me over
to his house, and sitting in the carport was a 56' Belair, he said: get in and he turned on the radio, and said: in 2 more years I'll be driving this. I was hooked!! Mine now is Twilight turquoise and Ivory, with a thin coat of faded blue metallic over the top, that i'm going to buff out, wet sand, etc..
Engine is the 265 with the powerglide, I want to keep it looking 50's as much as poss, with some mild engine upgrades, it's got a new 600cfm Edelbrock carb and headers already. i'm having the duals upgraded from 2" to 2.5 with a cross pipe and some turbo flows, also has the 15" rallye wheels. thanks for the support, i'm sure as i get into it, I'll have many ??
Regards, Rob:cool:

·
Registered
1956 Belair 4dr. sedan 265 poweglide
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
PS: also need some feedback, has anyone tried those 'e3' spark plugs in their sbc?
and did they work well? or another good plug choice?
thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,012 Posts
Welcome, and the story goes One day, when you least expect it, you catch the Tri-five fever, Hotter than a pepper sprout! Got mine the same way. Sounds like you will be on the Tri-Five highway soon, Good Luck and Enjoy it!

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
OMG! I'm down in Sahuarita, but a very good friend lives in Picture Rocks. I help him with stuff and he helps me, even though it's over 40 miles from one place to the other.
Get that 56 on the road soon, there's some interesting shows in the SouthWest coming up in a few months.
Bill

1 - 7 of 7 Posts