Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

81 - 100 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
disagree totally

I think it would be impossible to judge that many cars or even segregate the classes for awards . Great thoughts but I'm sure Chris and his crew have enough to deal with in the two and now 3 day event.
have enough
I disagree totally - You must not have been there the first year 2015 - Sorry you missed it. There was an stock OE corral with rope. My Lord, it's easy to tell people where to find a corral they want to belong to!

I can tell you after 40 years of car show experience under my belt that poor poor Chris COULD handle it. It's not impossible, you should attend other shows if you think poor Chris "have enough to deal with"

I know it's easy to worship Chris, but he can do a little more IMO

·
Registered
194 Posts
Agreed! good point BamaNomad!

I totally agree Mighty -5 ... :)

PS. if the *special* cars are not parked with the 'regular' cars, then I don't even bother going to find/look at them. Those fellas are not at the event for the same reasons most of us are...
:)

Asking for Chris to think outside the single-minded box is NOT to much to ask either!

Comon, doesn't he get tired of purchased Shelf packages every once in awhile? Variety is the spice of life! Give something else a shake Chris!

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
57 hotrod, what year did you attend and have such negative time ?

rd57, 950 one way for us. , you are next door without ever attending and making comments . See you there next year Sir.

My name is Dave .

·
Registered
11,210 Posts
Of the 80 plus voicing your opinion here, we are .02% of the cars and far less of the total crowd. To be heard, rather than voiceless complaining, maybe take this thread and forward it to the owner of the event. In the grand scheme of things our total patronage value falls way short when it comes to making change. If you want change, find a bigger platform, one that carries weight. I suggest visiting with the Mayor of Bowling Green or someone of that capacity who understands the negative impact to the city and surrounding area. Have him contact the Park ownership and as a group they in turn speak to the show owner. Even then, our voice is small.

I felt Blessed to be able to attend regardless of the obvious real issues and the apparent petty issues. I have viewed images from past years and always wished I had taken time to forget the daily grind and go, developing long lasting relationships with like minded Trifive Loving people rather than sitting in my shop and wishing I had gone.

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
49,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
I felt Blessed to be able to attend regardless of the obvious real issues and the apparent petty issues. I have viewed images from past years and always wished I had taken time to forget the daily grind and go, developing long lasting relationships with like minded Trifive Loving people rather than sitting in my shop and wishing I had gone.
Good points Nick...Absolutely agree....Life is too short...The comradery with other Trifive.com members at the event totally outweighed any/all other negative aspects of the show.

·
Administrator
8,307 Posts
Good points Nick...Absolutely agree....Life is too short...The comradery with other Trifive.com members at the event totally outweighed any/all other negative aspects of the show.
+1 I have been all 5 years, never with my 57. Hopefully next year I will have it, but it is just as much about enjoying the people as it is the cars. That is the only vacation I get during the year and I count down the days like some people do for Christmas.

·
Registered
35,555 Posts
I suggest visiting with the Mayor of Bowling Green or someone of that capacity who understands the negative impact to the city and surrounding area. Have him contact the Park ownership and as a group they in turn speak to the show owner.
Just what do you think the mayor of Bowling Green will do for anyone? He and the city leaders probably think this is great for the city the way it is. And it's almost certainly a better crowd that behaves better in Bowling Green than other venues in the park. Just my $0.02.

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
As someone who was not able to attend this year for health reasons, I will just say that I really missed it and most of all I missed the friends I have made over the years of going to this show. This far and away is more important to me.

Ready for 2020!

Mike

·
Registered
875 Posts
As an American Trifive Ambassador and having attended all 5 years thought I would add a couple thoughts. Im almost sure that no one posting here one knows that for the past 2 years, myself, Dan Duffy and Stewert Warner have driven 9 passenger carts around the grounds for 2 days shuttling any one who wants a ride anywhere on the grounds even to their car in the spectator lot along with purchased parts from the swap meet or vendors, I will also give complete tours to anyone who asks, though I will admit its not as well publicized as it should be, it would help a lot of the guys here who needed a lift and unable to get a cart. As far as the rules on who drives carts I have little input on that but I can say that I personally shagged a few underage operators off of them. Im there with you guys on the original cars I think we need a top 5 original division I will continue let the powers that be know on that. I also agree on the time of year but because of scheduling not much to be done about it, as far as the garbage issues this year that is the sole responsibility of the track and I know they had issues being short handed this year.

·
Premium Member
5,477 Posts
I didn't go to the event so I can't comment specifically on how it was handled or what may have happened but I can say that I have been at venues where golf carts were in use. I handled them by letting them handle me. I walked where I was going without concerning myself with what they wanted to do. I didn't move for them and let them trail them behind me until they found room to go around me. Some of them got impatient but all I can say is woe be to anyone who might have deliberately run into me.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
I didn't go to the event so I can't comment specifically on how it was handled or what may have happened but I can say that I have been at venues where golf carts were in use. I handled them by letting them handle me. I walked where I was going without concerning myself with what they wanted to do. I didn't move for them and let them trail them behind me until they found room to go around me. Some of them got impatient but all I can say is woe be to anyone who might have deliberately run into me.
:tu That is what I do at any of the swap meets that I go to!

·
Premium Member
10,312 Posts
The carts drive me crazy, especially when I am trying to get to the track to make a fun run. On the other hand, I deal with it because I really like the show, the only place I get to see most of you is at the show, and there is no other show like it. So I can put up with it no problem.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I've driven a non A/C '57 Chevy, 850 miles each way, to all 5 TFN events, and plan to again in '20. Those vent windows are a design genius!
That said, we've had a great time at all 5, and I can't say enough about the good folks we've met, and all the fine cars I've looked at.
We've brought my son's gasser the past 3 years, also. The racing is just as fun as the show.
Many of the complaints listed here, seem petty to me. Personally, I've had no trouble walking around the golf carts, and getting where I'm going faster than they do.
Greatest Tri Five show on earth, looking forward to meeting many more of you next year!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,942 Posts
I've driven a non A/C '57 Chevy, 850 miles each way, to all 5 TFN events, and plan to again in '20. Those vent windows are a design genius!
That said, we've had a great time at all 5, and I can't say enough about the good folks we've met, and all the fine cars I've looked at.
We've brought my son's gasser the past 3 years, also. The racing is just as fun as the show.
Many of the complaints listed here, seem petty to me. Personally, I've had no trouble walking around the golf carts, and getting where I'm going faster than they do.
Greatest Tri Five show on earth, looking forward to meeting many more of you next year!
Right on! Not gonna let a few carts or idiots ruin a great event for me! See you in BG, been to them all.
Larry

·
Registered
88 Posts
I totally agree. I can have a good time anywhere I go. Meet others that feel the same way, look at the best cars, It doesn't get any better. Luckily I have a wife that enjoys it just as much. I will see you in August

Robbie OD

·
Premium Member
3,653 Posts
It was definitely Hot! I know Pops didn't have as good a time as most of us. He stayed at the tent cooking almost the whole time. The heat really got to him. I really appreciate that great food but we don't need to do that this next year. As for the golf carts I don't like them myself. But I wont let them stop me from being there. Hope Polly and I can make it this year, We will have to get our new schedule out and try to get the days off.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I guess there won't be any gripes this year about what went on at the nationals.
They included this video with the notice. One vehicle kind of stood out to me, different, but right at home and I know who owns it.

Attachments

81 - 100 of 114 Posts