Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

101 - 114 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
CAR DRAWING

Wish they would draw for giveaway car earlier in the day so people only interested in it could leave early so traffic would not be so bad later on.

·
Premium Member
13,142 Posts
I feel th plug was pulled way too soon this could have been better decided on in early July.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Last year was my first and had a great time !

I do agree a cooler month would have made it perfect

:gba:

·
Registered
35,345 Posts
I feel th plug was pulled way too soon this could have been better decided on in early July.
Like with a lot of things this year, like going to work or going to a restaurant, and of course dozens of others - we don't begin to know who actually pulls the plug. Fact is there's a whole line of "plug pullers" and for the most part one will get their way. The event has to have the blessing of the Feds, the state gov't, local gov't, the park, etc. And each of those entities has a team of plug pullers.

It's going to be very hard for any event with an expected attendance of thousands to be able to happen this year IMO. And those that do get to have their events are going to spend a ton of money convincing "plug pullers" to relent. The organizers of this event don't have the resources of the NFL, etc.

·
Premium Member
10,238 Posts
I have made every show since the first. It’s my favorite so I make the effort to take a weeks vacation, spend a few weeks or more getting the car ready, and making the near thousand mile drive. I have made a lot of friends here and at the nationals. And I really do look forward to seeing everyone. But I have known since the end of March that I was not going to risk my health or anyone else’s health by attending this year’s nationals.

I am certain I am not the only person who feels this way. So I am not sure it mattered whether it got cancelled in may or July. If enough people were not going to attend, and I believe that is the case, how do you justify the cost of putting on the show.

How about the giveaway car. Woody’s usually debuts the car at one of the large industry shows like SEMA and then it goes on tour as part of the show promotion. I understand these cars can be valued well in excess of $100,000. Every show has been cancelled so none of the usual promotion of the giveaway car before the show. So if only say a thousand cars show up, how do you justify the expense of building the giveaway car. It’s a mess in every way.

Did anyone catch the rules currently in effect in Kentucky for automobile racing? Very strict and intended to limit anyone’s possible exposure to this virus. The rules exclude any spectators, family of the competitors, others. So clearly there would be no racing this year. So even less attendance.

https://govsite-assets.s3.amazonaws.com/u5JMvcWQQqC9rZElUhoY_2020-5-22 - Healthy at Work Reqs - Automobile Racetracks - Final Version 1.0.pdf

It's just not in the cards for this year but fingers crossed that we are past this junk by next year.

Lol, ok, I am off my soap box.

·
Premium Member
623 Posts
Sign us up!

Start a petition to move it to the spring or fall! Get a few thousand signatures, maybe it'll be considered.
We'd sign up for that! We've been at every Nationals but one (family emergency). We love the event but Hate the heat, and we're not getting any younger or more heat tolerant either.

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
Cancellation the right decision

With all of the arrangements that would have to be made and subsequently cancelled, considering we're now only about 6 weeks from when the event was intended to occur, and no real resolution to the virus, it is obvious that the correct call was made. I too would love to have the date earlier or later in the year to avoid the oppressive heat. Mr Sondles had agreed to a 10 year commitment if I recall correctly, and may in fact be locked in to August dates (?). Most attendees are of an age where the school year would not be a consideration for attending if date was shifted. We can only hope.

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
48,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
Bill....If I remember correctly, you are the one that provided the generator and fan for the tent last year....What a blessing that was my friend. :)

101 - 114 of 114 Posts