Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
7,148 Posts
Jess, What is the paint code on the cowl plate? I thought Autumn Bronze was a much darker (brownish) color than your car seems to be in the photos...?

·
Stainless Trim Restoration
8,800 Posts
I believe the color is Navajo Tan. It is a lighter shade of brown. It was a common color on the 150 and 210 body styles. Not available the full year however.

Mikey

·
Registered
7,148 Posts
Jess, The '592' code is for autumn bronze so that was the original color, but it appears to me that it was repainted in the Navajo tan (Perhaps decades ago). Have you looked in the spots where you might be able to tell original paint (darker brown) with the lighter tan over it??

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Jess, The '592' code is for autumn bronze so that was the original color, but it appears to me that it was repainted in the Navajo tan (Perhaps decades ago). Have you looked in the spots where you might be able to tell original paint (darker brown) with the lighter tan over it??
I will take a closer look to see if I can find signs of a repaint and ask Bob if he has any recollection of having it painted

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Those first pictures remind me of when I pulled my BelAir out of my uncle's garage after sitting in there for years. Kinda like pulling out a sarcophagus from a tomb. :)

It's really a rewarding project bringing your wagon back to life. She's looking great! :tu
Thanks Max

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
I just found this on the truck board, and thought I would come over and follow it, and it IS looking good.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I just found this on the truck board, and thought I would come over and follow it, and it IS looking good.
Thank you Larry, I have been just having a lot of fun with this wagon. Trying not to make another project out of it:) Lord knows I have two trucks to finish and I’m not getting any younger. I bought a cover today for the wagon I’ll put it up in the other garage for the winter then going to get back to the Doc and Kim build see you on the truck board
Jess

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #35 (Edited)
Neighbors Nomad

:driver:Word traveled around town about my purchase of the wagon he heard from someone else from town he stopped by my house today ....come to find out this gentleman John lives less than a mile from me retired from my towns DPW....he and his son rebuilt this car frame up , it’s beautiful.....I would love to see one of them in my garage too

Attachments

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Progress ...seat out clean up brittle mat replaced the headlight switch with that I got my gauge lights to work

Attachments

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
This rubber mat is going to be a struggle trying to get it to lay down ....I had the heat in the garage up to 80 while I went in for dinner. Fought with it for about 2 hours got it close but it’s very stiff
called it a night I’ll get back after it tomorrow with heat gun in hand :confused0024:

Attachments

21 - 40 of 56 Posts