Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gasoline Alley's post got me to thinking about making a guestimate post myself on what you all think my car will run? Heres the specs:

Engine: 383 Chevy 6" rods, 10.3:1 Compression
Comp Cams Solid flat tappet cam, lift is .540 int. .558 exh. .012 lash both sides and duration is 252 degrees int. and 260 degrees exh. 110 lobe sep
AFR 210 heads out of the box(non ported), these are the older ones(2005), not the newer ones, where milled to 68cc chambers
Edelbrock Super victor intake(non ported or gasket matched) w/2" spacer
Fully forged rotating assembly 4 bolt main, studded with billet main caps, rods are "H" beams, carb is 830 cfm Mighty Demon(non touched), will need to dyno tune once car is finished, total timing is about 33 degrees total in by 2,500 rpm's

Transmisson: Coan racing transmissons 400 th full manual reverse pattern valve body, w/ PTC 8" 4,500 stall converter

Rear end: 12 bolt "C" clip eleminator ford ends, 33 spline Dutchman axles, 4.10gears on a spool, ladder bars with QA1 coil overs, running 29.5 10.5 "W" Mickey Thompson drag slicks

Front suspension: Stock, with Lakewood 90/10 shocks. Has the typical pizza cutters on the front for tires

Car: 1955 Del Ray, 6 point chrome molly cage, no rear seat, front seats are the plastic bucket racing seats, fiberglass 3" cowl hood, fiberglass front and rear bumpers. All trunk area and back firewall cut out and replaced by tinwork. battery is relocated to trunk. Not sure what she's gonna weigh, as we still need to scale the car before I run her. The car is not on the bottle, this is an N/A set up.

Alright fellas guess away, I am personally hoping to run at least an 11.80 in the 1/4.

Phil

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
I'm going to say 12.30 range but I think it's got the capabilities of being an 11 sec car. Good luck and let us know.

Phil where you at in Okla? I'm in Catoosa

·
Premium Member
19,668 Posts
Comp Cams Solid flat tappet cam, lift is .540 int. .558 exh. .012 lash both sides and duration is 252 degrees int. and 260 degrees exh. 110 lobe sep
AFR 210 heads out of the box(non ported), these are the older ones(2005), not the newer ones, where milled to 68cc chambers
Fully forged rotating assembly 4 bolt main, studded with billet main caps, rods are "H" beams, carb is 830 cfm Mighty Demon(non touched), will need to dyno tune once car is finished, total timing is about 33 degrees total in by 2,500 rpm's

motor sounds good, To bad u couldnt port these heads<more power> Ill bet motor should make between 450 to tad under 500 hp and around the same amount of torque, as u want torque about the same.or close

, myself Id have this stroker dynoed before I put it in car
good luck

·
Registered
389 Posts
whoops, thats what I get for typing before I finish my first cup of coffee! Let us know when it goes to the track.

JB.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Everything sounded good til you said Mighty demon. those carbs have issues. Keep a standard 850 DP nearby when you go to the track. Your combo is very similar to mine except my cam is WAY bigger and I have 4.33 gears. also mine is heavier than yours will be. I say with carb right and if your converter stalls high enough then 11.60 Mine runs 11.60 to 11.70 on motor at an alabama dragstrip that I go to.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah I've that about the Demon's, I'll try it until it acts up, then probably get rid of it. The converter should stall around 4,500-4,800, hopefully that'll be enough to get her movin' out. I want to see what it'll do on the small cam then step it up to a solid roller eventually, somewhere around .630 lift and about 260-270 @ .050. Thanks for the replies fellas! :)

Phil

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Gasoline Alley's post got me to thinking about making a guestimate post myself on what you all think my car will run? Heres the specs:

Transmisson: Coan racing transmissons 400 th full manual reverse pattern valve body, w/ PTC 8" 4,500 stall converter

Rear end: 12 bolt "C" clip eleminator ford ends, 33 spline Dutchman axles, 4.10gears on a spool, ladder bars with QA1 coil overs, running 29.5 10.5 "W" Mickey Thompson drag slicks

Front suspension: Stock, with Lakewood 90/10 shocks. Has the typical pizza cutters on the front for tires

Car: 1955 Del Ray, 6 point chrome molly cage, no rear seat, front seats are the plastic bucket racing seats, fiberglass 3" cowl hood, fiberglass front and rear bumpers. All trunk area and back firewall cut out and replaced by tinwork. battery is relocated to trunk. Not sure what she's gonna weigh, as we still need to scale the car before I run her. The car is not on the bottle, this is an N/A set up.

Alright fellas guess away, I am personally hoping to run at least an 11.80 in the 1/4.

Phil
Is this engine done?? On the AFR's we have used solid roller cams and the the intake and exhaust ratio is *** good on those heads and we have been running a single pattern cams on 108 lobe sep. And they seem to work really good!!

At 540 lift your not even taking advantage those nice intake ports.

The last 400 build we did last month made 570 horse and 515 on the torque.

We used a carb from Pro Systems and on the dyno it was spot on!!

Which H-beams did you use?? Are they a stroker rod??

Good luck with your build

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The engine is complete and running, but never dyno'd. When finished building the car, it will be roller dyno'd. The rods are 6" rods, not 100% on the brand, but I believe they're Eagle rods. Yeah at .540 lift those heads aren't even breathing heavy at all. Eventually the engine will have a solid roller in it with about .630 lift. :)

Phil

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
The Speed Limit:rolleyes:

·
Registered
488 Posts
well based on what i see i am going to say,11.87, i think you may need a different gear, but if you did i would say low 11's are in reach.:anim_25:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts