Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

2001 - 2007 of 2007 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,001
So with all the rain for days we were having, I started messing with my seats. I have original bench seats. Actually front bench is from a 56 because it still had its covering. I had blasted seat frames and painted black. I had bought the front seat moulded foam kit, repop spring packs for the backs of the front seat, and a Ciadella custom set of seat covers. Spring packs too thick and very hard to compress. It acted like it was going to split the seams in the cover. I have spent about 5 hours bending the springs to get them thinner. Decided the $300 spring packs will be in my garbage can for Tuesday pick up. I'm going to build foam inserts. I have several upholstery books here that I've used for years. Going with first layer 2" high density, second 2" layer medium density, and a final 1/2" sew foam over that. Should be way more comfortable and easier to work with

·
Premium Member
5,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,002
So I ended up working this whole week at a collision shop. A guy I used to work with opened his own place a couple years ago. His employee quit (no call no show) and he needed help. Hated to miss a week of working on my 55 but needed the money. I may keep it as a part time only. I'll talk to him next Monday. This way I can still have days for other customers in my mobile repair business. I'll be hitting my garage heavy tomorrow and Sunday

·
Premium Member
5,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,003
Hey gang, if you have signed up on youtube, please subscribe. I'd love to get a little income from ads but have to have 1000 subscribers and 4000 watch hours before eligible for ad cents. If I had this revenue coming in, I'd drag in more projects to build for the channel. I started my channel in 2017 and still under 500 subscribers. So please like, subscribe, and share. I plan on getting a good camera and editing software when I get some extra cash. I have a 4 door 55 found thats been sitting since 1990s in a shop at a very reasonable price. I know it's not a bunch of money from ads but anything would help. Very thankful to have the subscribers I have now

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
49,443 Posts
Just subscribed Hafrod....Good luck :)(y)

2001 - 2007 of 2007 Posts