Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

81 - 87 of 87 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,594 Posts
"(the good kind) vs. stated value (not so good)"

I have Haggerty.

They asked me what it was worth, I sent them some pics, told them it was worth $20,000

They said okay, send us $275.00.

???
Agreed value is the good kind. Stated value stinks because they can use any excuse to not give stated value. Agreed value means in a total loss you get the agreed value. Anything less then total loss they fix it.:bowtier:

·
Registered
27,726 Posts
Glad to hear that some of you have had good luck. I like the stated value plan myself. Mike

·
Registered
404 Posts
I'd like to hear some details on this one. Especially since it looks like you were not at fault?
2 months shy of 4 years ago, sorry GaryC, i'll elaborate on this unforgettable fiasco. Correct, i was not at fault, and i guess that's why the Hag ignored my calls and would tell me "we will get right back with you", when they couldn't have cared less. The creep at fault had Farm Bureau insurance and they were absolutely the best. Daily calls from their rep, daily cash allowance and a rental throughout my ordeal. Ms. Gross had so grossly mishandled my situation at Hagland, after the last ball drop, i dropped them. American Modern/Heacock is where i am today and very happy with them and their rates. I tried to get roadside assistance once, and Gross did call my local police station for me, when i did Not ask her to, and report to them a '55 Chevy was abandoned on the side of the road, as i walked home. Of course, they promptly towed my car away when i only needed a can of gas.

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
Agreed value is the good kind. Stated value stinks because they can use any excuse to not give stated value. Agreed value means in a total loss you get the agreed value. Anything less then total loss they fix it.:bowtier:
Agreed value is the only way to go.

·
RIP April 18, 2019
681 Posts
Just priced out hagerty ins on 57 nomad for64000 and 56 sedan delivery for 49900 with no deductible a na 300000 liability. $1093 a year. I'm a retired Nationwide ins agent and in my opinion this is a great price. Agreed value policy is the only way to go on your classic vehicles. No surprises

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
Just priced out hagerty ins on 57 nomad for64000 and 56 sedan delivery for 49900 with no deductible a na 300000 liability. $1093 a year. I'm a retired Nationwide ins agent and in my opinion this is a great price. Agreed value policy is the only way to go on your classic vehicles. No surprises

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well that sounds high to me, but I'm not familiar with NJ rates. It still pays to shop around, I would try Grundy also and get a comparison quote.

81 - 87 of 87 Posts