Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I've been steadily disassembling and prepping the car for rebuild...current wishlist price tag on repair of just the body shell is about $8K...not counting doors and trunk...I let her get bad and I'm hating myself for it. Some will say find a different/better car to start on...I've had it for 34 years...brought my daughter (now 34 years old) home from the hospital in the car....took both my Son and Daughter to the racetrack and they watched me run it when they were little...so I'm rebuilding it....a piece at a time...don't care what the cost is in the end....roughly I expect I'll spend $30K on the body with me doing the work. Time will tell.
I got the pinch welds blasted so I can start on the trunk floor and one-piece floorpan.
In addition to the floors, I'll be putting the tailpan extensions under the taillights as well...now for the question.
My left inner trunk wall has some cheese holes in it in an area about 8 inches in diameter about 3/4 of the way up and about 6 inches back from the wheel well. In searching parts websites, the only inner trunk walls I can find are for convertible or hardtop....zero sedan walls....can one of you gurus tell me the significant differences?
Could I buy one of them and possibly cut it as a patch panel?

v/r
Jamie

·
Premium Member
14,995 Posts
The stamped ribs are the biggest difference, The sedan ribs are vertical where the hardtop/convertible ribs slant toward the front as they go up to the quarter. I have a few original sections of the sedan inners. If you are interested in a used original section let me know along with some better dimensions and I'll see what I have. I'm sure I have something here you can work with.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts