Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has heard of or seen a 55-57 pickup,turned into a convertable? I have a cab that is in questionable shape and want to try this. Doesn't look to be that big a deal. I've chopped a few tops and that is WAY harder looking.-Thanks-Keith

·
Premium Member
19,668 Posts
Just wondering if anyone has heard of or seen a 55-57 pickup,turned into a convertable? I have a cab that is in questionable shape and want to try this. Doesn't look to be that big a deal. I've chopped a few tops and that is WAY harder looking.-Thanks-Keith
Keith
personally, No, but it sure would be different tho , keep us posted on your decision Keith :)

·
Registered
557 Posts
when i useta build models all the time, done several and called them Ute's . lol have no idea what it ment

·
KINGS X 56 = R.I.P. August 31, 2014Senior Member 2
2,885 Posts
If you have your heart set on going TOPLESS then do it after all you own it.

KINGS X 56

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
I know of a top that was cut off, small window and replaced with a large window.
It might be for sale in the Cleveland Ohio area.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks
You guys always come through for me.
Bam55
Thanks for the pics ! That yellow 58 or 9 sats it all. Not my cup of tea either. Body just don't lend itself to a top cut. Front pillars are too straight. If ya lean the windshield back,it's too low for the fat hood AND fat body.
If ya pie cut the hood and sectioned the body,,,maybe,But I am not going through all that work for a beater (rat) convertable. Thanks guys !
Keith

·
Registered
372 Posts
Not a big fan, but I do like the way the grill looks on the chopped-top truck with the porche-looking lights. I don't like the lights, but the grill/front bumper combo look sweet.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts