Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's wishing everyone a fun and safe Holiday!Don't forget to take a moment to remember those that have left us....especially the veterans who have paid the ultimate price to keep us free!

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Thanks! You too!

I plan to relax, stay home as much as possible, maybe do a little griilin'....just plan to enjoy some peace and quiet, the product of a great, free, and wonderful country thanks to those who fought and are fighting to keep it that way!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Tomorrow morning, my U.S. Army 1956 Chevy Suburban Carryall will be the lead vehicle in the Memorial Day Parade. My way of honoring our Nations Military Veterans and active duty soldiers. Take a few minutes tomorrow and think of our brave soldiers all over the world. My son-in-law is stationed in Baghdad. Say a prayer for all of them.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
"Say a prayer for all of them".....I agree completely.A special "Thanks" to your son-in-law and any other members who have family away protecting our great nation.My son was stationed overseas when he was in the army but it was before our current conflict.I remember how uneasy I was the entire time he was on foreign soil.....anything can happen at any time......I can only imagine it's much worse knowing he's directly in harms way.

·
Registered
302 Posts
1 month after he went to camp Charley, my daughter found out she was going to have a baby, our first Grandchild. Now is worried that he won't come back to see it his child born. He is moving to an even worse camp this week... Several mortar attacks every day....

·
Registered
302 Posts
Thanks... We do everyday and so far it has helped. Keep them coming... for all our soldiers.

·
Administrator
49,511 Posts
We need to keep all of our soldiers in our prayers, every day. Tell your son-in-law he`s not doing this for nothing. We appreciate him and all of them. Terry.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I'll pass it on to him and his unit. They appreciate all the positive thoughts they can get. He drives an M88 (very slow and armoured) and has to go to places that have IED's all day long. Some of those bombs can pick an M88 up and flip it upside down. He also pulls out all the Hummvees that have been blown up so he see's a lot that I am sure will scar him for life. He also pulls guard duty every week at the front gate to the base camp. Pretty much a target for the low-lifes over there. We are afraid to answer the phone because we don't want to hear bad news. Prayers are great. Thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts