Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The reason i ask is i have several buddies that i have asked and most have said they have. Then i ask what was the experience like. All said some had very positive and some have had they wished they would have just ordered for curbside pickup. I was surprised on this mornings Good Morning America 2 of the host said they had and 1 said no way no how till this is over. My wife and i haven't been brave enough as of yet. GOD Bless America

·
Registered
58 Posts
We have gone in Olive Garden a few times and social distancing is enforced. It seemed the waitress was working a lot harder and had a bigger area to work

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
I never eat at a restaurant or fast food place. Your eating who knows what cooked by someone who hates their low wage job.

·
Trifive Automotive Electrical Wiring Expert
25,985 Posts
I haven't gone in a restaurant since this started. I do on-line ordering, pay in advance, and curb side pickup. I drive my 57 to pick them up, so It's easy to spot my car and I get a lot of comments. :)

P.S. I wear a mask when the food is brought to the car and expect them to. If they don't have a mask, I ask them to set my food on the curb and I'll get out to get it. I know nothing is 100% safe, but coming up on 82 years old, I try to be cautious.

·
Registered
35,565 Posts
I don't think going to a restaurant is much riskier than going to the grocery store. But you get a whole bunch of meals at the grocery store vs. one at a restaurant so there's more value for your trip. Also there's going to be a difference in restaurants, you usually know which are going to be better for this situation. On the flip side, some don't go to the grocery store either, but I don't see a lot of difference between going to there and delivery. What you buy gets handled the same amount by those in similar roles.

That said, I've done it, but only a couple of times.

·
Registered
669 Posts
we have only been out once here at home on our 50th anniversary with the couple that introduced us but we were in florida just before the numbers started back up & only went out for dinner We were able to sit outside most nights wore masks in & out all but one place had waiters wearing masks & all had tables spread apart nicely Hardest thing is trying to keep the wife social distancing from the grandkids

·
Registered
4,903 Posts
Eaten out several times. Most have been drive-thru's. Lately we've dined in. I think (here anyway) it's safe, not many are dining in. The tables are completely cleared off, no condiments, no napkins, nothing anyone can touch. Watched them clear off a table after people left an they sprayed it down, soaked it. I don't think there is any proof you can get sick from the food, but there is a chance you can pick something up from the air. The drive-thru's here have lines stretching out into the streets almost to the point of being dangerous. The early months we ate at home, a lot.

·
Registered
7,419 Posts
We haven't gone out to a restaurant since this virus started. We have purchased curbside pickup at a few of them and have had no problems thus far, Carmine.

·
Premium Member
676 Posts
we've done curbside pick up , due to my wifes immune issues, we're extra careful, and clean the containers etc, before eating, I never go in the place, and won't until this insanity is really over -also I saved the God Bless America image in my doc file- maybe the it folks can add US Flags again?? ( or are they afraid of offending the pc crowd ?)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,942 Posts
Wife and I are on vacation in Montana. Flew on a plane, eating at restaurants, visited a National Park. People are respectful, wearing masks, etc.
Everyone should do what they are comfortable with.
Larry

·
Premium Member
1,549 Posts
We have only been out once at Cheddar's. They were quite prepared, very few tables in use. BUT, my wife is very high risk, so we have stayed to ourselves mostly. Neither of my boys have been inside our house since January. One is a Firefighter/Paramedic and one is a Radiologist and both are exposed every day. The isolation is destroying my wife (it's not doing me any good either.)She has dementia and not having anyone around is very hard.

Wayne

·
Registered
4 Posts
been out to a few of our old favorite places---menus have been reduced and the atmosphere just isnt the same---got it down to a couple of places that we feel safe eating at and the rest of them for one reason or another are a no go

·
Premium Member
12,468 Posts
There is one local Italian place who’s food I can’t be without. Thank goodness they still have delivery. I can’t go long without their spaghetti. Lol

·
Registered
65,811 Posts
have not because all the health issues i have .

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Sure, a few times when they were allowed to reopen but then they got shut down again so I'll have to wait again.

·
Registered
878 Posts
The reason i ask is i have several buddies that i have asked and most have said they have. Then i ask what was the experience like. All said some had very positive and some have had they wished they would have just ordered for curbside pickup. I was surprised on this mornings Good Morning America 2 of the host said they had and 1 said no way no how till this is over. My wife and i haven't been brave enough as of yet. GOD Bless America
yes we have. My sister "runs" a restaurant and not only provides carry out, phone in orders, but limited space for eating with 20 feet of distance between tables, Her employees are polite, courteous and 12 of the 13 employees have been with her for more than 12 years. I appreciate the pride each has in preparation---can't say that about all the establishments, but i know this one is very reputable=====I don't "lump" all restaurants into one where bad experiences may exist --it's like saying all teachers, cops, politicians are all bad---ain't true and people who place all in the same category due to a bad "apple" must hate life, gripes about everything and hates living -

·
Registered
166 Posts
Just once in early July when out of state family was visiting.
I don't like going to grocery stores but that is a bit of a necessity and I'm usually in and out in about 10 minutes.
Sit down indoor dining that takes 30-60 minutes I'm not in any hurry to start that up again.
I've got more than enough projects to keep me busy at home.

·
Premium Member
1,992 Posts
We have not dined out yet. I'm okay with it but my wife, not so much. We did a lot of carry out in April and early May as my wife was on crutches after breaking her ankle. I have no desire to cook anything other than coffee. So, some nights I made Stouffers and a salad and other nights did carryout.

·
Premium Member
1,992 Posts
What I do not get is this. Restaurants have to keep tables six feet apart which perhaps is good. But what about airplanes. I am told that many flights now are near capacity. So there you are sitting next to strangers playing who gets the armrest. Packed in for two or more hours. And who knows where the flight attendants have been. Does not make sense to me. I am not saying the rules should be one way or another - just consistent. And don't get me started on the protesters all over each other. I will say, most of them are wearing masks. But, perhaps for reasons other than health.

1 - 20 of 109 Posts