Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,590 Posts
I use 90/100 watt H4 xeon bulb's that are wired through two relays..one for low beam/one for high beam. A higher wattage bulb will cook the stock headlight switch or harness without them:)

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
I'm running the halogen bulbs you get at Walmart in the yellow box. They a lot brighter then a stock bulb that came in a '55/56/57 Chevy. Plus they're a direct replacement. No adding wires, relays, nothing.

I can tell you. These bulbs are a LOT brighter when powered by an alternator versus a generator. Cause I'm doing both.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Truck-Lite LED's here. :eek:

·
Administrator
49,960 Posts
I'm running the halogen bulbs you get at Walmart in the yellow box. They a lot brighter then a stock bulb that came in a '55/56/57 Chevy. Plus they're a direct replacement. No adding wires, relays, nothing.
I`m with RJ on this one. Seem to work fine.
Terry

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
Tri-bar halogens... They kinda remind me of the old "Lucas Lamps" Later, Dave

·
Registered
123 Posts
I'm trying those new Ecklers, Blue Dot Tri-Bar H-4 Halogen With Turn Signals. I think they'll look cool, but not sure on the brightness. Will post results soon.

·
Registered
6,486 Posts
I moved my dimmer switch from the floor to the column(Ididit) and their advice is to not use halogen lights, will damage the unit, and I will not pay the price for leds. Guess I'll be using standard lights.
Jim

1 - 20 of 20 Posts