Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any had their headers ceramic coated? If where did you have it done and how much did it cost? Trying to get ideas on where to get mine done at. Thanks

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Has any had their headers ceramic coated? If where did you have it done and how much did it cost? Trying to get ideas on where to get mine done at. Thanks
I used Jet hot in Biloxi Miss ( I think) and got the "stirling" coating and so far after about 2 years no issues . I got the costing inside and out and I like the finish they gave me. I think it cost about 350-370 including shipping which is ok I guess except I paid about that for the "raw" headers so maybe not cheap but seems to be a good process. I had to "Ding" my pipes for clearence so that is why I did not buy them direct already coated. Hope this helps!

Joe:anim_25:

·
Registered
36,144 Posts
To me a quality ceramic coating is the way to go.

I also think the "break in" problems where guys burn off the coating are overplayed.

It's good stuff.

If you buy new headers already coated the cost is not as high as the $350-370 reported.

·
Registered
5,137 Posts
Hi, Jet Hot has the best coating that i've seen, its the choice of the majority of Pro racers. I've had two sets of headers coated by them and the quality is second to none. Price was $350.00 :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts