Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what kind of header gaskets you guys are running with your headers. I am currently using the paper style mygasket ones but they seem to leak a bit. I was looking at the aluminum ones and the copper ones but before I dropped the coin I figured I would see what everyone else here suggested. I am running a 305 curently with LT headers. thanks for any suggestions.

Len

·
Registered
560 Posts
I've tried many types of header gaskets and they all leaked. I installed a set of aluminum crush gaskets in the spring and they are great. No leaks. And, I have heard you can reuse them. It's just my opinion, but I would go for the aluminum or copper crush gaskets.

:anim_25:

·
Registered
9,469 Posts
I've tried many types of header gaskets and they all leaked. I installed a set of aluminum crush gaskets in the spring and they are great. No leaks. And, I have heard you can reuse them. It's just my opinion, but I would go for the aluminum or copper crush gaskets.

:anim_25:
"Aluminum gaskets" are the only way to go and worth every penny of the 30 bucks at Summit.....:party0031:

·
Registered
5,590 Posts
I've used the aluminumn and copper ones for different builds for years..i like the copper a little more because they are not as thick and there are no clearance issue's:)

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was wondering what kind of header gaskets you guys are running with your headers. I am currently using the paper style mygasket ones but they seem to leak a bit. I was looking at the aluminum ones and the copper ones but before I dropped the coin on some flowmaster mufflers I figured I would see what everyone else here suggested. I am running a 305 curently with LT headers. thanks for any suggestions.

Len
My headers is just a copper. Hope to see some photos your gasket that will be post here.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts