Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another header question,whats the best type of header gasket to use with aluminum heads or does it matter?
Thanks,Tony :flag6: :shakehands:

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
If you have a small block and stock exhaust port dimensions, I have had great success over the years with FelPro #1444. You may want to re-tighten the bolts after a few hours of running the engine, but after that you can forget about them. And you can re-use the gaskets at least once. I usually have a pair hanging on the wall along with #1256 intake manifold gaskets.

·
Premium Member
14,034 Posts
If you have a small block and stock exhaust port dimensions, I have had great success over the years with FelPro #1444. You may want to re-tighten the bolts after a few hours of running the engine, but after that you can forget about them. And you can re-use the gaskets at least once. I usually have a pair hanging on the wall along with #1256 intake manifold gaskets.
same for me with sbc's and I use felpro header gaskets for the bbc's too.

·
Registered
37,237 Posts
Far more important is the details of the gasket and fit. Several styles will work equally well on aluminum and cast iron heads. Fel Pro and other fiber gaskets, soft aluminum, soft copper, and embossed copper all work well, especially if they fit right. Fit is dependent on the quality of the header manufacturing.

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
Percy's Seal-4-Good Header Gaskets are a very dependable and reusable header gasket. Works well w/ aluminum and iron heads. :anim_25:

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Percy's Seal-4-Good Header Gaskets are a very dependable and reusable header gasket. Works well w/ aluminum and iron heads. :anim_25:
Ditto! The best gasket I've used on both Chevy and Ford SB and BB...never had one leak...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts