Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1956 Belair Sedan, Resto-Mod, Many Upgrades
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to add a set of headers, would like to use the street rod huggers style.

My 56' has Rams Heads installed, with Forward 3/4 inch side mounts and power steering with Ididit column.

Would huggers interfere with my steering box?

I have a set of Patriot 3/4 length coated headers, but they rubbed on the stock steering box on #5 Tube...but now that I have gotten rid of the stock steering box with a 670 box, have any of you installed these with a 3/4" fowrward side mounts and clear the steering box?

Thanks in advance...
Rods 56

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Looking to add a set of headers, would like to use the street rod huggers style.

My 56' has Rams Heads installed, with Forward 3/4 inch side mounts and power steering with Ididit column.

I have a set of Patriot 3/4 length coated headers, but they rubbed on the stock steering box on #5 Tube...but now that I have gotten rid of the stock steering box with a 670 box, have any of you installed these with a 3/4" fowrward side mounts and clear the steering box?

Thanks in advance...
Rods 56
Assume you're talking about small block? Stainless Works has a header that will clear the ps and 3/4 forward mounts. The mid plate will have to be removed, but they are 1 3/4 primaries and give you plenty of ground clearance.

·
Premium Member
14,055 Posts

Thanks in advance...
Rods 56
unless using long tube or mid-length headers, the block hugger headers are a waste of time and money, they flow no better than the rams horns you have already.

·
Registered
1956 Belair Sedan, Resto-Mod, Many Upgrades
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh okay...the trans mounts to the ears...they are long gone.

Read a review where they used these 3/4
length headers, with 3/4" fwd side engine mounts and power steering on a 350 SBC and fit great.

Thanks for the info...think I will use my 6 miles on em Patriot Headers! Tried to sell them for 200 bucks and got low ball offers, so I think I will keep them and use them! I will also run my plug wires behind the headers just like the Rams Exhausts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts