• No, save youself the headache

Votes: 112 30.7%

• Total voters
141 - 154 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
5,713 Posts
My $.02

Going to try a set of 2010 Camaro manifolds/Pypes exh, out under the bumper.
The avatar car is still around, and has the LS truck manifolds, and a Pypes system. I can do a side by side.
Haven't seen/installed a set, so I guess I'll see what they sound like/perform.
Not sure how they look sans the heat shields. I may have them coated, along w/ the shields, after I check for fit around the 600 box.
At 80, comfort, ease of maintenance, is fast becoming a necessity!:sign0020:

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I enjoy the look and performance of a nice set of headers in a TriFive… as long as they're in someone else's car, and I don't have to work on it.
JR

·
Premium Member
1,421 Posts
Headers

:bowtieb:I have the Hooker Super Comp's Headers on my 55 and 56, no problems at all, with them!!----Trick is I use Percy's gaskets, in four years, no leaks, and I drive them pretty darn hard !!---:driver:

·
Registered
5,713 Posts
WHAT?

:bowtieb:I have the Hooker Super Comp's Headers on my 55 and 56, no problems at all, with them!!----Trick is I use Percy's gaskets, in four years, no leaks, and I drive them pretty darn hard !!---:driver:
Milt, you drive them hard?
That's hard to believe....NOT!:sign0020:

Will stop over to the shop, after the holidays, and we can tell some lies, about the "old days" at Dallas.:D

·
Registered
946 Posts
Exhaust

Last week I bought the avatar 57 wgn. It came with full-length headers. Prev owner must have hit some speed bumps. Headers have some flat spots. The 57 has dropped spindles. I may install Sanderson cast iron ceramic coated exhaust. They use two less bolts. They do not require gaskets. Wee bit pricey at $636.99 Any comments as to leaks or quality.

Attachments

·
Registered
325 Posts
There's just always been something cool about headers. I had Hooker comp's on my Chevelle and never had an issue with them, but it was an occasional driver.

I have Hedman's to put on my 1957 Panel.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Did not vote in the poll as only had the two options which are a personal choice in my opinion. I debated about this myself for some time and finally decided to stick with the headers I have over the cast iron manifolds. Headers have been on the '57 since I bought it in '75. Never had a leak problem. Appliance long tube headers and are painted VHT Header White. At some point they will need a repaint or ceramic coat. Unsure about which way I will go there. To me the headers just "fit" the look I am after, mid to late 60's high school hot rod. 283 sbc, '57 2x4 intake with WCFB carbs, 4 spd, 3:55 posi rear end, buckets and traction bars. Old school all the way which is what I am. For a more "stock" original look I would say go the cast iron manifolds. Again, a personal choice and what suits the style of the build or restore. I have manifolds on my '71 Chevelle and '71 Chevy 4x4 which look and work fine for me. For the '57 it will be headers only as it fits the build style.

141 - 154 of 154 Posts