Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to install a new headlight switch from Danchuk and the push-pull lever will not go in past the catch button. I have tried pushing on the button and nothing. The lever will not go in. What next?
John F

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,481 Posts
John, the old switch may not be the orginal. Could be an after market switch replaced by the previous owner and that may be why the lever will not go in. Look at the entry holes to see if they are different.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe the old one is original to the car. The bakelite plastic had a Delco Remy logo I believe. I took it aprt to see what was inside and Murphy got me when one of the little spring end on the slider inside went sailing somewhere. I think out the garage door and never to be found. Would probably work again since I cleaned it up, Especially the rheostat contacts. I didn't dare take the new Danchuk switch apart. I will call them tomorrow and see if they will make good on it. After looking inside the original it probably has something to do with the slider release mechanism inside that must allow the control lever to slide in and latch. I would take a picture , but it's back hanging from under the dash with the wires back on so I don't connect them wrong later.
John F

1 - 3 of 3 Posts