Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My headlights started flashing on/off when on the way home tonight. What would I look for to diagnose?

Thanks

·
Registered
887 Posts
Loose connection at the firewall or on the headlight harness that goes to both sides

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
51,691 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
flashing headlights

Both high and low beam flash. I will check bulkhead connector tomorrow

Thanks

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I had the same problem with mine. It happens after a few minutes after turning the headlights on. It's your circuit breaker that's built into your switch. It weakens with age, and it's there to protect the circuit from cooking. Easy fix, is to instal a headlight relay. Works well, with no problem and takes the power load off your switch. Another positive to is you can run brighter lights.

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
51,691 Posts
I had the same problem with mine. It happens after a few minutes after turning the headlights on. It's your circuit breaker that's built into your switch. It weakens with age, and it's there to protect the circuit from cooking. Easy fix, is to instal a headlight relay. Works well, with no problem and takes the power load off your switch. Another positive to is you can run brighter lights.
Link to headlight relay upgrade:http://www.trifive.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57359

·
Premium Member
7,740 Posts
My 37 year old headlight switch worked just fine besides the rheostat to dim the interior lights, so when i installed the 55 dash, I installed a new 57 headlight switch, NOW of-course the new switch starts to flash my headlights off & on when i use the high beams for over 10 minutes, you just gotta love the new made in Taiwan head light switches.:( So then i purchased a new 55 headlight switch so i could actually get to the points on the switch and bend them to make them stronger, but i have not installed it yet.

Rick

1 - 13 of 13 Posts