Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A quick question. I am preparing to replace my heater control cables on my '55 Bel Air. Do/will I need to unhook the heater hoses under the hood, drain the heater of fluid and completely remove the heater in order to change these out or can the cables be exchanged with the heater in place. Annother possibility is, can the cables be changed out by leaving the [under hood] heater hoses hooked up and remove the heater housing. Just want to know ahead of time before I start the process. Thanks to anyone that can help me out.
'55 lover

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
'55 Lover,
Are you using the factory heater assembly or is it aftermarket such as Vintage Air?? If I recall correctly.......I installed my V/A system cables with the unit installed accessed through the removed glovebox. Hopefully someone here has done this more recently and can give you a more accurate answer.

Tom

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am using the factory heater assembly. I just got the car finished last december and it broke a heater control cable. Now, it is december again, and in Kansas, it is cold this time of year. Has been down to under 10 degrees several nights. I can't drive the car without some heat. I am just trying to find out what I need to do, so I don't mess up the interior carpet. Again, thanks for responding and hope you can give me some more insight.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts