Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
49,411 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Just got a rebuilt heater controller and new cables. I'm trying to figure out where the cables go. Their are no cables in the car. Here are the lengths in inches. Any help would be great.
1- 15
1-27
1-61
1-41
I recently went through this on my 57 wagon. The diagrams are very helpful. The 61” goes to the right air vent valve (ps), the 41” goes to the left air vent valve (ds), the 27” goes to the heater control valve, the 15“ is the defroster cable. Hope this helps. Dennis

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I recently went through this on my 57 wagon. The diagrams are very helpful. The 61” goes to the right air vent valve (ps), the 41” goes to the left air vent valve (ds), the 27” goes to the heater control valve, the 15“ is the defroster cable. Hope this helps. Dennis
Do you have a diagram? I installed 61 and 41 inch cables. I see a cable connection behind the heater controller. That must be the 15" cable?. Where does the other go? I cant seem to find that connection. None of the cables were there before thats why I don't know where it goes. Thanks

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
49,411 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Do you have a diagram? I installed 61 and 41 inch cables. I see a cable connection behind the heater controller. That must be the 15" cable?. Where does the other go? I cant seem to find that connection. None of the cables were there before thats why I don't know where it goes. Thanks
Sorry I was lapse in seeing this. There should be a lever on the defroster valve for the 15” cable. The other cable goes to the heater control valve to the right. I will take a picture tomorrow and show you.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Sorry I was lapse in seeing this. There should be a lever on the defroster valve for the 15” cable. The other cable goes to the heater control valve to the right. I will take a picture tomorrow and show you.
. I was able to take an picture of the defroster cable lever located behind the glove box since mine is AWOL. You can see the lever with cable attached on the heater box. There’s a cable bracket that secures the cable just to the left. Hope this helps.
76C07BC0-B007-4078-81E8-9D90878EEC7E.jpeg

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
. I was able to take an picture of the defroster cable lever located behind the glove box since mine is AWOL. You can see the lever with cable attached on the heater box. There’s a cable bracket that secures the cable just to the left. Hope this helps.
View attachment 321451
Thanks for the pic!!What about the heater control valve? That would be the 3rd longest cable. I don't see a connection for that. I have the driver side, passenger side and now the defroster just missing the last one.Is that behind the defrost box? Thanks for you help with this one

·
Registered
138 Posts
From the engine side of the firewall, the heater control valve has two heater hoses attached.
There are 4 phillips screws that secure the valve to the firewall.
The cable attaches to a lever on the heater control valve (on the inside side of the firewall) which will be visible if you remove the screws and pull the valve out an inch or three.
See the cable clamp and the pin on the lever in the picture.
Vic

HeaterCotrolValve-dck-013_rd_xl.jpg

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thanks for the pic!!What about the heater control valve? That would be the 3rd longest cable. I don't see a connection for that. I have the driver side, passenger side and now the defroster just missing the last one.Is that behind the defrost box? Thanks for you help with this one
NP. I couldn’t get in close enough to take the picture of the Heater Control Valve from the inside. As vich57 said, pull the heater control away from the firewall and expose the cable connection. Once you do that you should be able to attach the cable. Good luck, think you got it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts