Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Trifive Automotive Electrical Wiring Expert
25,793 Posts
My heater controls are stuck on 55 Bel Air. Any ideas? Do I need to take the box out from under the dash? Thanks
Are all the levers stuck? As mentioned, it's usually the cables that stick, and you don't have to pull the control to change some cables.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Yes, the cables get stuck, and the next thing is the levers get broke because they get forced with the stuck cables. Be careful, the levers are not very tough.

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
48,572 Posts
Thanks for the information. I still need to know how to replace them.
Below is an illustration of the control unit and cables....However, if your temperature control cable is froze up, the entire heater box will have to be removed.....See this past thread: https://www.trifive.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121811 I have some articles on the heater control and box removal...If you would like copies, send me a PM with your email address.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Below is an illustration of the control unit and cables....However, if your temperature control cable is froze up, the entire heater unit will have to be removed.....See this past thread: https://www.trifive.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121811 I have some articles on the heater control and box removal...If you would like copies, send me a PM with your email address.

This can be done. I have some photos that can supplement Pops information. I had a lever that was broken, so changed that. There are slight differences between the 55 and 56 at the attachment of the cable and the lever. The top sidebar picture in the diagram. Most prefer the 56 method, I did the 55.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Tri 5 club in AZ

Any one interested in a Tri 5 club in Arizona? There most be enough Tri 5 people in AZ for such a thing. Or at least spot for a Tri 5 show.

·
Premium Member
4,315 Posts
Any one interested in a Tri 5 club in Arizona? There most be enough Tri 5 people in AZ for such a thing. Or at least spot for a Tri 5 show.
You might want to put this in a separate thread on Chit Chat so it is not missed.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts