Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to reinstall my entire heater system however I'm having issues fitting the rubber sleeve from the blower motor assembly to the vent or inlet that is located in the kick panel area. I've noticed there are staples that must have held the original sleeve from the factory on the blower motor housing. Can't understand how to install the rubber sleeve between the 2 pieces. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
I just did that a few weeks ago. Put the sleeve on the heater or the kick panel. Roll it up/double it up, put the heater box in and roll it/unroll it onto the other end. Hope that makes sense.

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
51,713 Posts
Been a while....However, seems to me that the transition piece is bolted in place first....Then some cement is applied to the transition piece....The sleeve is worked around the end of the transition piece and moved as far back as possible...The motor and housing is then bolted into place....See this illustration from the Assembly Manual:http://www.trifive.com/garage/57 Chevy Assembly Manual/101-3.gif

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for responses guys. Fiddy5coupe that explanation was simple and helpful. Just don't understand why I didn't think of that. Lol... This forum is the absolute best!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts