Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm hooking up my stock deluxe heater in my '57 with an LS 5.3 engine. Where do I route supply the hose from the engine to feed the heater assembly? I would guess the valve, but so many times in this project I've guessed wrong. I know which tube on the motor's water pump is the "outie" & how the hoses are routed between the valve & heater core but am not sure which hose goes where. Thanks.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I looked at that page in the 1957 assembly manual section of the library earlier today. I think it indicated that the water flowed from the pump to the upper tube of the heater core, which is counter intuitive. I would have thought it would flow to the valve & from there to the core. That being said, I found out the the rear tube on the LS's water pump is the outlet so I went ahead & hooked it up to the upper tube of the core as per the drawing. I'll find out tomorrow if I'm right. Thanks for the link, David.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
The pump (at least on a non LS engine) is the return. The manifold is the hot supply. That diagram has the manifold (hottest) going to the valve, then to the core and then back to the pump (return)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts