Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey out there, Just found this forum and it's great. Just purchased a pretty nice 55 Belair 2 door sedan, all stock 265 three on the tree. Prev. owner did little maintenance during the 20 years he owned the car, so I'm now playing catch up, brakes, MAJOR tune up etc etc. This car is just what I wanted 'just a driver' has fair paint and interior, chrome and trim is all there and good enough for me.

I've restored a few Chevs over the years and told myself I didn't want or need another car but I just could not help myself on this one. So I'll be picking your brains on a few items and will share what I can. I'm also a member of VCCA and Inliners Int. so have tons of Chevy friends.

Cheers
Jim

http://rides.webshots.com/album/578827179LwJekI

·
Registered
7,361 Posts
Welcome to trifive Jim! :shakehands: Glad to have you along!

68,758 Posts
:hello: hi jimand welcome. good to have you here. congrats and enjoy that 55.

·
Premium Member
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Thanks

Thank you guys for the warm welcome, great. I've been away from the TriFive cars for several years since we sold the wife's show winning all original 56. That car was so cherry about all I did was re-build the carb, this 55 needs a bit more TLC, window fuzzies, some door seals etc.

I added a link to a few pics of the 55, easier than negotiating posting actual images to this site. The car is really straight and runs well for 58K plus original miles. This car was built in Oakland CA in Oct of 54 so it's early. Even has solid lifters which I'm re-learning how to adjust, the 56 had hydraulic which was super easy.

I'm trying very hard to keep this a driver, no major mods wanted. Thus far I've added 62 hubs/roller bearings, chrome reversed rims and radials. Went for about a 30 mile test drive today and she preformed very well.

http://rides.webshots.com/album/578827179LwJekI

Again thanks for the welcome
Jim

·
Registered
4,984 Posts
Hello Jim, and Welcome. Post a picture of that 55 if you get a chance. We like them all Drivers, Show Cars, Trailer Queens, builders, ect.. were not picky we just like to see those pictures. Have fun with that 55 Jim.

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
WELCOME

:sign0016: to trifive Jim:shakehands: :anim_25:with the 55... Later, Dave

·
Premium Member
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I have a couple pics uploaded, one to profile other to my garage. Cant seem to get them up other than linked!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.