Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,my real name is Roger. But I,m called MOKANRACER. I dont care what you call me. David referred me to this TRI-FIVE site. Its cool. I,m an oldie by the way. I wont tell how old, but will tell you that I used to run a FLAT HEAD RAIL at LIONS Drag Strip. Also at San Fernando Drag Strip as well. It was my main strip.Also used to run at Oxnard AFB after they closed it down and made a strip there for a while. Also used to run a 16ft Flat Bottom a lot on the Colorado river and about 5 other Lakes in that part of Southern Cal. I happened to be at LIONS the last night,before it was closed,due to a noise ordinance that was passed. The last race of the night was (two) caterpillers running side by side,ripping up the track. Well nuff of that. I currently own a 55 Belair that was a 3 year restoration. http://www.hotrodhotline.com/feature/garage/03whitak55/ has a 3 page garage article on my build up. Any one interested ,e-mail me for the link. Maybe I can install it here. Also did a 8 year rebuild of a 1955 step side. Built the Belair later to match it. Just finished a 62 Deuce (ChevyII) this past Oct. A stock lookin, street legal, purpose built dragster. Any way,after I quit with the BS,maybe I can figure out how to post pic,s. Thanks,and look forward to visiting off and on.

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Welcome - not much of a newbie if you ask me! Are there some search terms we could use on the hotrodonline site to find the write-up?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mokan

Welcome! Do you race at Mokan now?
John
Yes,I raced there off and on during this past season, with the 62 under construction. Had to stop a while ,when I cut the rear qtrs off.LOL The last race was this past Oct 7th.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Hello folks

welcome roge rim also roger from wichita ks.
I,m from La Harpe ,Kansas .Actually came back home to retire. http://www.silverstudioonline.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=41 this is a link to a the races on Oct 7th,06 at Mokan, After I had the car finished. I,m prob already in trouble ,as its not a tri-5....The pics of my 62 Race car on on pages 1,3,6, and 7. PS. Its the red 62 with the NHRA front plate,and small scoop. There must be 20+ pics if you can find them.LOL They are pretty much clustered together. The car is presently running 10.5 at 130mph.Hopfully to tune to 9,s next season. Thanks.

·
Registered
258 Posts
kool been through mokan area a few times on way to joplin but never got to run at that track. i would love to some time.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Yes,I raced there off and on during this past season, with the 62 under construction. Had to stop a while ,when I cut the rear qtrs off.LOL The last race was this past Oct 7th.
We have not raced there in a long time, but I sell a lot of stuff from there web site. We race mostly at KCIR or US 36 and some times at Hartland Park. I bet we know alot of the same people.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks Folks.

Roger and kmc1955 are good people who i've been in contact with on other sites.
Dave
Dave ,thanks for the kind referrals. But you should have told every one of my fetish for the color of RED.LOL

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Nice Job.

Hi Roger

Welcome to Tri Five.

Nice to have some people with your experience.

:)

Owe
Thanks,for the kind words. Well your sure doing it right. I do every thing the long hard way.:) I chem stripped and sanded tell my fingers are bleeding.LOL Put the body way up in the air on cinder blocks. You are doing a text book resto for sure. Makes it much easier on ones back. My 55 wasnt even a parts car when I started. But the price was the motivating factor. I never knew it would put me in debtors prision.LOL Thanks all you guys.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.