Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My name is Bill. My screenname is "Eddie The Cruiser" in reference to the movie "Eddie and the Cruisers" which I saw as a kid. Even before that movie I was interested in 57 Chevys. I am piecing one together now from a frame that I bought on EBay, and I am looking for a "cab" and a title. I have dabbled in auto restoration over the years, and am now fulfilling a dream I had as a kid. Although I am familiar with the body styles of the 55-56-57 Chevys there are many new things that I'm sure I will need to learn, and I look forward to networking with and learning from some people that are experienced in the hobby. So far, I have a "frame" a 10 bolt rear and a Danchuck catalog. Wish me luck!!! :)

Thanks in advance for any advice. It's good to be here.

Bill

·
Registered
135 Posts
Welcome Bill

Greetings Bill,

You have landed in a good spot for support. Many here have a world of experience I have been able to tap into.

Keep in mind that many 57 folks have a few parts sitting around. In my case I have several pieces that will be boxed and stored. Keep us posted about what parts you will need. Perhaps some of the parts I am boxing up for storage will help.

Good luck on your project! Again, welcome to the forum.

Don Copeland
Houston, TX

·
Administrator
9,085 Posts
Welcome Bill

I am in the process of restoring a 57 also, I have used several places to buy parts, be sure to shop around.

Also when you buy used parts off ebay, make sure you look close at the part and see both sides of such things like fenders etc, also primer covers a lot of rush, so ask questions.

Otis:)

·
Registered
302 Posts
Welcome!! Check the companies that list on this board. Many can get the Danchuk parts as well as hundreds of others. Good luck with your search Eddie

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.