Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
1956 chevy 210 del rey sedan
14,926 Posts
Having done several AC installs I default to Vintage Air. Seems by far the better unit in form and function

·
Premium Member
57 210 post dressed as a Bel Air
781 Posts
Ok, here's my '55 as promised. I don't know how to size down the photos. Sorry.

What? Only one Tri five? Or does that mean it takes 5 ford's to equal one chevy? j.k.
That's a fine herd of 32s and they all appear to be finished. Without a doubt the most iconic car of the 1930's.

·
Registered
1955/210/Delray
131 Posts
Hello, I have a '55 Chevy 210 with a Post, 350 SBC and getting ready to add A/C to it and found this forum. Thanks for letting me join.
Welcome, you're in my home town. I moved there from SFV in '73 when I was in 2nd grade. Grew up off Bouquet Cyn in Home Tract. Moved to Valencia in '89. Moved away in 2000, wife and I bought a home here in the Inland Empire. I Miss SCV, but don't miss the crazy traffic there now. That being said I wouldn't mind putting a prefab on your property in AD hahaha!
Side note, my dad is a retired LASD Commander. He got smart and boogied to Pagosa Springs Colorado. One of my kids did too.

I too have a '55 210 ...
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Blue

...with Classic Auto Air.
Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Hood

·
Registered
610 Posts
Great collection of my favorite cars. I bought my first '55 Delray in '63 and have owned my current one since '14. I only have two '32 Fords, a 3W and a Roadster. Both original, but I enjoy driving my '55 much more than the Fords. With the amount of traffic and crazy drivers the '55 is much safer. Welcome to the TriFive and hotrodg726 and others are a great source of information.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Welcome, you're in my home town. I moved there from SFV in '73 when I was in 2nd grade. Grew up off Bouquet Cyn in Home Tract. Moved to Valencia in '89. Moved away in 2000, wife and I bought a home here in the Inland Empire. I Miss SCV, but don't miss the crazy traffic there now. That being said I wouldn't mind putting a prefab on your property in AD hahaha!
Side note, my dad is a retired LASD Commander. He got smart and boogied to Pagosa Springs Colorado. One of my kids did too.

I too have a '55 210 ...
View attachment 373236
...with Classic Auto Air.
View attachment 373237
Great looking 55. I love the interior. Is that the stock radio or aftermarket newer one? What A/C do you have in yours? I never made it to a Commander, just a pilot. But very much enjoyed the Commanders pay, <LOL>. The traffic is terrible out here now. I moved her in '88 from SFV. Grew up at Coldwater Cyn and Riverside Drive. Dad owned the corner with the dry cleaners, liquor store, Chevron Gas Station. Still has a Chevron Station there but a 7 story medical building where my grandfathers ranch was and the 134 went right through the property and that was the start of him being pissed. LOL

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Great collection of my favorite cars. I bought my first '55 Delray in '63 and have owned my current one since '14. I only have two '32 Fords, a 3W and a Roadster. Both original, but I enjoy driving my '55 much more than the Fords. With the amount of traffic and crazy drivers the '55 is much safer. Welcome to the TriFive and hotrodg726 and others are a great source of information.
Thank you Fogger. Taken a long time to get everything, but the way the traffic is now, I drive the '55, my '40 Coupe and a '56 Ford P/U. When I drive the 32's, these idiots get about 4" from my bumper and ride my tail for miles and I want to shoot someone. Best to leave them in the barn <LOL>. I think I'm getting ready to sell the 5-W and one of the Roadsters that was in a museum. I don't take those out at all. It's just hard to pull the plug and sell something.

·
Registered
1955/210/Delray
131 Posts
Great looking 55. I love the interior. Is that the stock radio or aftermarket newer one? What A/C do you have in yours? I never made it to a Commander, just a pilot. But very much enjoyed the Commanders pay, <LOL>. The traffic is terrible out here now. I moved her in '88 from SFV. Grew up at Coldwater Cyn and Riverside Drive. Dad owned the corner with the dry cleaners, liquor store, Chevron Gas Station. Still has a Chevron Station there but a 7 story medical building where my grandfathers ranch was and the 134 went right through the property and that was the start of him being pissed. LOL
My A/C is "Classic Air." The radio is new, a Bluetooth from classiccarstereos.com I stream music via my i-phone.

That's too bad about your dad's property, that's progress for ya'.

On a side note, my dad is pilot too. He worked for Skyways back in the 60's-early 70's building Aerostars, until he became a LASD in '71. We even had a Cessna 172 there when I was a wee lad. Pop's currently has a hanger a few miles from his home in Pagosa where he keeps/flys his Vans RV12 that he built.

I'll send you a private message with regard to LASD/family members.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts