Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all. I'm a new member from South Dakota. I just acquired my first trifive about a week ago. It is a '55 Bel Air 2-door hardtop. My uncle has owned it since 1971, along with a '55 150 sedan. He had them stored for years and just recently retired from the Army, so he is ready to start restoring. About two weeks ago he called me out of the blue and offered me the hardtop, as he figures restoring the 150 will keep him busy enough. I've always loved these cars since I was a kid (thanks to my Dad), so this is a dream come true. I currently have a few old Chevy trucks, so this is a welcome addition to my fleet.

Now, for a little more about the car. It was originally red/white with a 265 and 3-speed OD. I have both the original engine (in pieces) and tranny, although I doubt I'll use them. The body is decent overall, but will need some rust repair in the trunk, rocker panels, etc., as well as a number of dents to pull out. I have all the stainless trim, so that's good news. The interior is pretty much a total loss, thanks to some kids breaking out all the glass years ago.

I'm really excited to get going on this project, but it will probably be a while before I can get to serious about it. My first child is due in 5 weeks, so that is my current priority. Once he is here and we've made the transition to being parents, I hope to get started on this project. In the meantime, I plan to start acquiring parts and tools, and soaking up as much info as I can on these message boards. I look forward to being part of the trifive community!

Attachments

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
WELCOME

:sign0016:tobowtie-trifive:shakehands: :anim_25:with the 55... Later, Dave

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
Hello Jeff, :sign0016: to bowtie-trifive :shakehands:

·
Registered
Auckland, New Zealand
7,800 Posts
:ciao:Hi Jeff and :sign0016: to bowtie-trifive from New Zealand :n_z: :shakehands:

·
Stainless Trim Restoration
10,161 Posts
Hey Jeffbo,
Grew up in Madison just south of you. Bought my 1st 55, a hardtop also, at the age of 15, 45 years ago now. Taught myself how do all the body and paint work as well as everthing needed to be done on these fine old cars. I now have several, but the hardtop was sold years ago to make room for my 55 convertible.
If you need anything for your car, let me know I collected a lot of stuff while in Texas for 30 years, before moving over here in Wisconsin. Send me a PM and we can exchange info and I can help you out. I have a long story about getting a bumper off a 55 in a parts yard just south of you. Took me all morming and a shovel to get it off. Total cost...ended up FREE.

Mikey
55wagoncrazy

·
Registered
8,875 Posts
:sign0016: tobowtie-trifive

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Hey Jeff.......congrats on the new additions to the family.....the upcoming baby :congrats:....and your 55 baby!:tu:tu :sign0016: to bowtie-trifive:shakehands:

Eugene

·
Premium Member
10,927 Posts
Welcome to Tri-Five Jeff. Your 55 looks to be in pretty decent shape, so best of luck as you begin your restoration. Also, Congratulations to you and your wife on the birth of your first child.

·
Registered
11,214 Posts
:sign0016:tobowtie-trifive Great intro and pics!

·
Registered
67,738 Posts
:hello: hi jeff and welcome. good to have you here and nice intro. looks like a good one, have fun with it. :tu

·
Registered
27,726 Posts
Welcome Jeff

:bowtier:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.