Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to say Hi fellas, I bought a 57 210 sedan last year, it is my first and I feel like we just had another child. I saved it from the drag strip, the body is straight but it has seriously been lightened, 2700 lbs with a full fuel cell, so there's a few pieces missing. But man it's gonna make one sweet street rod. Once I can afford it. lol

·
Administrator
49,658 Posts
Welcome to the site. If all else fails do loke i did and start spending a set amount on parts each year and then you`ll have a bunch of it bought up when you do get ready to start on the rebuild. Terry.

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
I just tinker with mine and buy parts when I can. It spends it's entire time sitting the garage yearing for me to give it some attention. So once in a while, when the moon aligns with venus I can get it started and pull it out to the driveway for a little fresh air. That's about the extent of it for now, hopefully my little bits and pieces will add up to a driveable machine sometime in the near future.

Welcome. We love pics if ya got 'em!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome! CLASSY56 I heard there is a tri-five boneyard somewhere in our area, is this true? if so do you know where it is?

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Boy I wish I knew. Heard that Speedway Salvage has a 56 4 door hardtop there... haven't seen it though.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Here is a couple of shots...I got to get it out and clean it up. It's a california built car, very little rust, worst is in the floor. It has been mini tubbed, 9 inch with 3:70 and a spool, aluminum driveshft, quarter stick, tach, oil, water ultra light guages mounted in factory dash, all the inner window trim is chromed, lexan side glass, 4 pt cage, have the side bars but they inhibit egress/degress.
Fender well headers (small block) 3" into dynomax muffs, all body mount bushings and bolts are new, as the body has been off of the frame.
This thing of beauty has been sittin in my garage for almost a year now yearning to tear up the streets, but its sad to say, I cannot afford it, so if anyone is interested it will be going up for sale.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Hey Hairball... Glad to see you saved another car and it has a racing history to boot. very Cool.... Welcome.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.