Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just joined, so I guess I better make it official and introduce myself. I just introduced myself on the H.A.M.B. and someone pointed me in this direction. They liked my intro, so I got lazy and cut and pasted it here.

I'm 36 and I live in Tempe, Arizona.

I have been pretty nuts about cars ever since I could remember. When I was about 8 years old I can remember calling out the year and model of cars as we would see them in traffic. 69 Mustang! 71 442! I can even remember being told to be quiet because I was distracting my dad from driving. My Dad had a 36 3 window Ford, and I always enjoyed going to swap meets with him.

I got a 68 Mercury Cougar when I was in high school, nothing special... just a 302 2V automatic. I got into bracket racing a bit, but college was a priority and I was paying my own way. I did little stuff to make it more consistant- shift light tach, B&M ratchet shifter, lowerer rear end gears, rebuilt tranny with a slighter higher stall speed, ignition and carb.

Finally finances became an issue, so the Cougar got put on a back burner and I bought a sportbike to get to and from college on. It worked out well, but motorcycles became a passion too. After that motorcycle got stolen I got another one, a 300ZX, Yukon... but I always managed to hang on to my Cougar. I have it even now.

For the last year I have really been wanting a 55 Chevy Sedan. Nothing special, something I could drive every day without getting freaked out about a door ding. Maybe something like a gasser clone but very streetable. I have been thinking a 500 Caddy motor would be a nice idea... something different, fun, sorta fast and ultra-dependable. It would have to have air conditioning too, this is Arizona!

Anyway, this forum is a great resource. Thanks guys and gals!

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Hello thehazmatguy

It's good to see some southwest folks joining the forum. I am in Chandler from time to time visiting.

Welcome aboard
Bruce

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.