Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just wanted to introduce myself and say hi.

My name is Nathan and I live in Utah. I own a 1956 210 2dr and I really enjoy it. It's a 396 big block car with a muncie 4 speed. Right now it runs and drives great but it doesn't look the best. I am going to take it in for a paint job here soon. I think I am going to paint it orange and white.

My other car took all my free time until it decided to burn to the ground friday evening :( My camaro was my baby for the last 10 years and unfortunately I lost a part of me when the car caught on fire in a drive through while getting dinner :( . I have been trying to pass the time as much as I can while I deal with the grundy insurance so I figured it would be best to occupy my free time on a tri 5 site.

Any other utah guys here?

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Nathan... Sorry to hear about your Camaro. Its always sad to hear news like that. Hope everything goes smooth with the insurance.

:sign0016: to Trifive. Lets see some pics of your '56. Time to get her fixed up now.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here is a couple quick pics, as I said nothing fancy right now. I was going to sell the car and focus on my camaro more but now since the camaro has been destroyed I may end up keeping it and just build this instead. I really wont know what to do until the insurance process is over.. Never been through it before so I have no idea what to expect. But this chevy is a fun little car to cruise around in.

this is from when I started tuning to when I finished. Not bad for a mild 396..

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome Aboard Nathan! the members here are a wealth of information and experience with these beautiful cars..
that's good to know, this is my first tri 5 and I am trying to learn as I go. I finally located the belt line trim and all the window trim after months of searching. I think the car will look a lot better once it's painted with all the trim back in place. I was hoping to find some local tri 5 owners and find out if they do local cruises, car shows, etc.. I kind of feel like the black sheep since none of my friends own a tri 5.

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
WELCOME

:sign0016:to trifive Nathan from another 56 owner:wavey: :anim_25:with your project... Later, Dave

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Nathan W E L C O M E - W E L C O M E to TriFive from Colorado, actually just over the border by 26 miles. What part of Utah are you from? spent 30 years of my life in Utah. I have been a member for less than a year and have made some special friends and am sure you can do the same if you choose.
Good introduction and thanks for posting some picures. For the time being put that picture of your engine on your avitar.
Did you do the work on the 56?
I had a 396/375 out of a Camaro in mine for quite awhile and that is a wonerful combination, I especially liked the sound, just loved the blipity blipity blipity.

Randy

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nathan W E L C O M E - W E L C O M E to TriFive from Colorado, actually just over the border by 26 miles. What part of Utah are you from? spent 30 years of my life in Utah. I have been a member for less than a year and have made some special friends and am sure you can do the same if you choose.
Good introduction and thanks for posting some picures. For the time being put that picture of your engine on your avitar.
Did you do the work on the 56?
I had a 396/375 out of a Camaro in mine for quite awhile and that is a wonerful combination, I especially liked the sound, just loved the blipity blipity blipity.

Randy

I live in Hooper.. I really like it here. I love the lumpity lump of the big block for sure. I am a big block fan, had a twin turbo 540 EFI in my camaro ( 1200 horse ) and always enjoyed running big blocks. So much easier for me to work on. I did a lot of the work on the 56 but there is still more to be done. Hopefully within a couple weeks I will have some new pics with the new paint and trim. Just trying to decide exactly what colors and how to paint it right now. ( big decision!! )

Here is a small clip, I love how the cam sounds. Nothing too aggressive but has a nice tone to it.

http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/1548/s1050051.mp4

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I bet your friends wish they owned a Tri5. and especially with a big block.

Otis :)
My friends are weird, all into the new generation stuff. I have always liked old cars for some reason so I just stuck with them and keep to myself for the most part since my cars usually don't fit in. If I end up buying my camaro back from my insurance company I plan to rebuild my 540 and most likely remove the 8:1 blower pistons and throw in some 11:1 pistons with a new cam and go to town with a NA 540 in my 56. I don't think the turbos or anything else is salvageable..

I am not sure what is salvageable yet as I am not able to touch it, but hopefully I can buy it back and make some use of some of my parts. I lost a 104,000.00 car that I built over 10 years in approx 3 minutes time.. Been a week from **** for me but I am trying to look on and focus on my 56 now, I can't cry over spilled milk and does me no good to sulk.

My 56 needs brakes badly.. they are stock drums right now and even with my 335 whp it's not quite enough. Paint, Interior, Brakes is the next 3 items on my list. I wonder if I could use the wilwoods off my camaro? They are a nice 6 piston setup.. Just not sure what kind of fab work it will take to bolt them in or if it's even worth trying.

·
Registered
66,282 Posts
:hello: hi nathan and welcome. good to have you here and nice intro. sorry about the camaro. the 56 is cool and have fun with it.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Hey Nate, I think news travels fast because I think I heard about your Camaro. Very sad my friend. I'm down by Lehi in Utah County. There are a few of us in here from Utah.

I am still putting together my car... 57 with a 454, your car sounds great, I listened to your clip several times.

Not to far from you is Mutton Hollow Chevys in Kaysville, he has many new and used trim parts as well as many other items you may need to spruce up your ride... if you call him, its a fun saturday morning trip. Talk about a kid in a candy store. I always feel like I need one of everything he has. If you haven't been to see them yet, its worth it.

Google JC Hackett, his rock and roll racket is all over the state weekends and week nights, playing music for many local cruise spots. He has a calendar on his website with where he will be, you can easily find one that might be close to you, I know there is one in Layton near the mall I think.

Welcome, this is a great place with many folks that have tremendous knowledge.
See you on the streets.

Gil :party0031:

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Hey Nate, I think news travels fast because I think I heard about your Camaro. Very sad my friend. I'm down by Lehi in Utah County. There are a few of us in here from Utah.

I am still putting together my car... 57 with a 454, your car sounds great, I listened to your clip several times.

Not to far from you is Mutton Hollow Chevys in Kaysville, he has many new and used trim parts as well as many other items you may need to spruce up your ride... if you call him, its a fun saturday morning trip. Talk about a kid in a candy store. I always feel like I need one of everything he has. If you haven't been to see them yet, its worth it.

Google JC Hackett, his rock and roll racket is all over the state weekends and week nights, playing music for many local cruise spots. He has a calendar on his website with where he will be, you can easily find one that might be close to you, I know there is one in Layton near the mall I think.

See you on the streets.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)

See you on the streets.

I have a few friends down in Utah County, so I am sure that's how the word spread so quickly. So far Grundy has been great so even though I lost my baby at least there is some light at the end of the tunnel with insurance.. That way I can rebuild it again, ( after all it's just a car ) ..

I heard about this guy in Kaysville but I have never been there before. Does he actually sell parts or is it more of a garage type place? There is a few pieces I really need and that would be great if he has them.. Saves time finding them online and shipping them from all over the place.. How often do you go down there? Maybe I can cruise in with you sometime and check the place out.

I met JC when I had my camaro in the autorama last year, really nice guy..

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.