Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello TriFivers...

I'm in Virginia and I'm rehabbing a 1955 3100 pickup. My truck was a base model, built in Baltimore. It did not have the optional passenger visor. It did not have the optional armrests on the doors. It has a fender-mounted spare tire, and the small back window. The grill and bumpers were white (not chrome). This was clearly a work truck.

I've decided to restore the truck as close to how it rolled off of the assembly lines as possible -- visually anyway. I've recently completed the power steering upgrade, but retained the original steering column and wheel. I may say more about that in a later post. Just drove it today for the first time. What a difference!

The grill and bumpers are off being powder-coated the original ivory color. My plan is to paint the truck one of the stock dark green colors. My thinking is that the white will pop against the dark green body.

I may post some photos as the project progresses.

Cheers,

-tom

·
Registered
8,875 Posts
:sign0016: to bowtie-trifive

·
Registered
Auckland, New Zealand
7,795 Posts
:ciao:Hi Tom and :sign0016: to bowtie-trifive from New Zealand :n_z: :shakehands:

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
WELCOME

:sign0016:tobowtie-trifiveTom:shakehands: :anim_25:with your hauler... Later, Dave

·
Registered
67,713 Posts
:sign0016: hi tom. good to have you here. :tu

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Welcome fellow Virginian

·
Premium Member
3,813 Posts
:wavey: Hi Tom and welcome to a great trifive family where you will find many friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful folks. You better post pictures or you may be black flagged! :sign0020: Glad you joined us. :shakehands:

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
Hello Tom, :sign0016: to bowtie-trifive :shakehands:

·
Premium Member
50,811 Posts
Welcome to Tri-5 Tom.....and please do show pictures of each step you do.....:shakehands:
:gba:
bowtie-trifive

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.