Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi , I'm John from tonganoxie Ks. I am building my own 55, it's a 210 that is curently undergoing some major transformations. I have a four bolt main 350 that is bored .040 over with cast flat top pistons, dual timing chain, vortec heads with over size valves and a cam with 480 lift 231 duration, bigger valve springs and 1.6 roller tip rockers, it has a hurricane open plenum manifold and a holley 750 double pumper:D . I am shortening a ford nine inch for the rear end i curently have a lader bar setup with coil overs from chassis works, I am useing M/T sportsmans that are 15.5 inches wide in the rear. the back half of the frame is in my garage at the moment waiting on me to fininsh shortening the axle tubes six inches, i have superior axles and a center chunk with 4.11 gears and a true track posi section. still lookng for the transmission want to go with automatic over drive but the car was a collum shift at birth,the pedal thing is tempting me with 5-sp manual. i bought tinted windows i have original back seat but havent cut the wheel tubs yet so i dont know how this is going to work yet but when i figure it out ill let ya know im starting to ramble so ill let ya go for now. any ideas or comments will be taken with a grain of salt and appreciated.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Welcome! We are only 15 Mins from each other (I'm in Leavenworth). We will have to see if we can meet up some time. Do they still have the car show at fair grounds? Years ago we used to go to a cruise night up there right on the Highway across from Bitler's. I can't remember the name of the place but it had a Liquor store that was in the same building.

John

·
Registered
138 Posts
Welcome to the forum Old School 55,
Wow you sound like you are well on your way to having one Bad 55. As far as the tranny goes I'm leaning towards the TKO 600 5 speed from Tremec, I have a TH400 right now and miss shifting gears. Just wanted to post my vote.

Sincerely,
Dave Twin Blown 57:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.